Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default trouble with buttons

On my draft website (I am using Web Designer 10 Premium) I have some pages that contain buttons and text links in close proximity. Both use the same font and point size. They look the same in my working document, but in page preview they are obviously different – the button text is slightly but visibly larger and ‘denser’ than the text in the text links.

I have compared everything I can think of (e. g. text fill colour, line colour) and looked for strange mouseover effects. The only thing that makes them look roughly similar is to reduce the point size on the buttons and change the fill colour from 100% to 90%, but this seems an unsatisfactory solution.

If anyone could explain the probable cause and suggest a logical solution I would be most grateful. Thank you in advance.

Default Re: trouble with buttons

Hi Gorgon

If when you zoom in (with your browser) you see this effect

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Button Text Blur.png 
Views:	93 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	106624

then that is normal and due to the text being converted to an image for the button.

I seem to remember there was a way to force Xara not to do this, at least with the older versions. I'll get back to you.

Yup, apply the name "htmltext" to the button text, see attached.

Zoom in with your browser to see the difference.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Dear Drwyd

Many thanks for your speedy and helpful advice. It worked perfectly,

Now I know the cause, I can see that the solution is explained clearly on p220 of the manual. It always seems to be the case that when I don't know what I'm doing I don't understand the manual, but when I do know what I'm doing, the manual then becomes perfectly clear.

Thanks again