Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Page Background Problem

Hi guys... Need some help. I'm planning to design my website to have a fixed pasteboard background and part of my page background extends horizontally to cover my pasteboard background. My website page size is only set to 1178pixels horizontally and all my contents will be in that area only. My problem is when I minimized my window, the scroll bar at the bottom will appear and can be scroll up to the edge of my page background which is already empty because my contents is only inside the 1178 pixels. How can I make my page scroll horizontally up to the page size of 1178 pixels only? This is my sample website http://globaldimension.ph/

Default Re: Page Background Problem

Hi Unics64, welcome to TG

You might have trouble achieving that effect. It's not impossible as Xara can often be coerced but it won't be straightforward. The scrollable area is by default the size that you set your page. (1924px on yours)

Edit: Does the background photo have to be fixed? If not then you could add the white background to the pasteboard.

Edit2: It may be possible to set the pasteboard to white then offset it downwards to reveal a HTML background rather than a page background. I'll have a go at this later today when I'm back at my keyboard.

Thanks for the welcome Drwyd.

I'm not good at codes that is why I preferred to use Xara web designer but sometimes I have ideas that troubled me how to achieved it like this one. If I'm going to make my pasteboard background scrollable then I don't have problem with it. I believe I have seen this kind of concept in other sites. Is there any other way easier to achieve this kind of design?

I got half way to a solution but stalled. As you are "not good at codes" it's probably best to leave it there It would not have been a simple solution

Well, I guess I have to think again with the concept I have. I think its nice that Xara will give a possible update that will allow us to make this kind of design without the need of html code. Somewhat identical to the "ORIGIN" feature that the software have or something like a margin that no matter how long our backgrounds are it will stop only up to the margin. Anybody else here can help me?

Thanks for the advice jessicalillis but I think this is just a small problem or just a very simple code needed to do this. I'm just hoping that someone could help me out here in talk graphics but no problem if no solutions offered.