Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Animated emojis - how to?

Hi all

I've been tasked with creating cartoon-based emojis for a mobile messaging app. All has been going well so far as I create the images in Xara (of course ) and export as PNG files, and the development team takes care of the rest.

However I've just found out the next set of emojis will have to be animated. I'm feeling a bit stumped as I have very little experience with animation per se

Facebook has some very nice animated stickers and I'd like to make similar effects, but I'm not sure how to go about it.

Any suggestions, tips, tricks etc would be most welcome!

Thanks

Manoj

Default Re: Animated emojis - how to?

I've only ever done .gif animation.
    Which is done by creating the frames necessary for the movement, and then adjusting the frame time - sometime individual frame timings, and sometimes global frame timings. Whichever gives me the required effect.

Might be an idea to give us a link to the sort of emoji animations you're trying to create.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    Might be an idea to give us a link to the sort of emoji animations you're trying to create.
    Yes that would indeed be helpful.

Gif's would work great but it will require many frames to get a smooth animation and therefore larger file size.
    Swf's would allow you to tween. but it may not support certain things you need to do and from what I hear it is on it's way out, also not supported by apple or mobile phones.
    There is another method that works on, and supports everything but I forget the name, sorry
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks Rik and Larry - I'll update when I know more about just what they're looking for. I agree that a lot is possible between simple movement of an isolated element and fullblown animated movement.

Hi

There is l
    on You Tube a video made by NarrenzunftKalbach which explains how to make a gif animation With xara software

Hélène
    Last edited by Hajeem; 04 March 2015 at 02:17 PM. Reason: forgot to mention Xara software

Hi Manoj.

If you draw the elements, you can then use a programme that can then export a .gif animation for you.
    Or
    You could use Xara to do your drawing, as well as export a .gif animation.

I'm attaching both animations - one from a programme I tend to use, and the other from Xara.

Can you tell the difference?!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Nice Rik ... and ... No, I can't tell the difference!
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

nice animation Rik.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Helene, there seem to be a lot of tutorials there!

Rik - that's great work and no I can't make out any difference! Quite encouraging. Any particular tips on how to plan ahead for animating?

Thanks
    Manoj

Create a new animation page, from the File menu.
    Make the page, the size of your intended animation.
    Do your first drawing, then from the animation frame gallery, make a copy of that page, and change the drawing slightly, and keep doing that until you have the required number of drawings.
    Now change the timings of the individual frame to get the desired result of your animation.
    Export as gif, and you're done.

Have a look at my simple wink animation file.
    Attached Files Attached Files