Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Export copies directory twice

When I export my website Xara is copying the html and index files twice. The file structure looks something like:

www:
    ...html files
    ...index_html_files: (directory)
    ......html files (this is a duplicate of the html files in the www directory)
    ......index files (all the index files)
    ......index_html_files: (directory)
    .........index files (this is a duplicate of all the index files in the top index_html_files directory)

I must have goofed and set this up somewhere, but, can't find the options that would create a duplicate file structure like this.

Also, how do I setup Xara to output a robots.txt file that I want, not the standard Xara robots.txt output?

As always, constructive feedback is greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Export copies directory twice

You've not explained how you've published the site.
    Are you using Xara's method or another FTP option?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sorry about that. I export to my hard drive, then use filezilla to ftp to the web host. After exporting to my hard drive, I end up with the duplicate directory structure.

Well done in sorting it.
    I keep a notebook of all my steps as months later I forget and cause myself grief.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

It is not by design that I'm getting duplicate directories of my website. Some setting in Webdesigner is duplicating the website directories, which is NOT what I'd prefer. Any assistance in setting up Webdesigner so it does NOT duplicate my file directory would be appreciated.