Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Text Overlay - .png file problem - any help would be appreciated

Hi

I designed a website using an older version of wd (can't remember which one) and I didn't have any of the problems I'm experiencing now. I now need to update the website and I'm using wd10 and there appears to be an issue when I try and replicate what I have already done previously.

I use a cms with placeholders on the the website to allow the owner to update the website I ususally colour them pink so that they stand out while I'm designing the site. I've never had an issue before where the pink comes through on to the design. I have a company logo (red circle on attached link) and a photo (using cms placeholder) with an overlay of text. Though once the photo is added using the cms, the circle logo which is a .png file then squares off and shows the pink from underneath instead of the full photo. The same happens with the text (also a png) the pink comes through from the back instead of the photo.

The same thing happens when I use a photo widget the .png overlay doesn't work properly and remnants of the first photo in the gallery stay around the text rather than change as the gallery moves.

All of the above that I'm having issues with I have done before and it has worked fine, though I'm unsure if something has changed in wd10 and I now need to do something different to make this happen.

I have attached an example of what I want to achieve and what I'm getting at the moment and not sure how to resolve thought it might be better to see it, as possibly my explanation makes no sense, I need to update the website asap but can't as if this problem occurs the website will look terrible.

http://www.iwasoneofthe45.com/index.htm

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Darren

Default Re: Text Overlay - .png file problem - any help would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by DAZZLER1607 View Post
    Hi

I designed a website using an older version of wd (can't remember which one) and I didn't have any of the problems I'm experiencing now. I now need to update the website and I'm using wd10 and there appears to be an issue when I try and replicate what I have already done previously.

I use a cms with placeholders on the the website to allow the owner to update the website I ususally colour them pink so that they stand out while I'm designing the site. I've never had an issue before where the pink comes through on to the design. I have a company logo (red circle on attached link) and a photo (using cms placeholder) with an overlay of text. Though once the photo is added using the cms, the circle logo which is a .png file then squares off and shows the pink from underneath instead of the full photo. The same happens with the text (also a png) the pink comes through from the back instead of the photo.

The same thing happens when I use a photo widget the .png overlay doesn't work properly and remnants of the first photo in the gallery stay around the text rather than change as the gallery moves.

All of the above that I'm having issues with I have done before and it has worked fine, though I'm unsure if something has changed in wd10 and I now need to do something different to make this happen.

I have attached an example of what I want to achieve and what I'm getting at the moment and not sure how to resolve thought it might be better to see it, as possibly my explanation makes no sense, I need to update the website asap but can't as if this problem occurs the website will look terrible.

http://www.iwasoneofthe45.com/index.htm

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Darren
    Anyone any ideas?

Darren, every image on this page is a JPEG.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

They are not supposed to be then, the red circle and the word Briarcroft High School were saved as png. file when I look at the bitmap gallery they are in png format, what could cause them to be jpeg then on the page?

Am I not exporting properly.

Any ideas?

Darren

just added a red circle and the words briarcroft to the bottom of the page and inserted them straight from the gallery where they are in png format, I have then uploaded the page and can see that they are in jpeg format, i must be doing something wrong or missing a step, not sure where though?

Under Utilities >> Web Properties >> Images there is an option to force the export format for individual images.

Quote Originally Posted by Drwyd View Post
    Under Utilities >> Web Properties >> Images there is an option to force the export format for individual images.
    Drwyd, I replied earlier to the OP in a PM with the same answer and he advised our solution worked.

Acorn

Thank you!

I thought that after exporting as png. it would automatically stay as a png i didn't realise I needed to back then into image - thank you for clearing it up.

Much appreciated
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat