Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to insert 3rd party code/scripts for newbee

I am just playing with the trial of Web Designer 10 and cant figure out how to insert code like I can in Dreamweaver. For example I have a 3rd party wow slider of images that I want to insert in the page. In Dreamweaver I am used to seeing and switching back and forth to the code view so I can see the header section, add code that I need to, etc. body section, etc.. and so on. I have a complete web site design that I am happy with but I was thinking to re-create it in XWD so I could create the responsive variant pages for mobiles too.

I am new to XWD so I dont know how things work, but I dont like the trial only giving you a couple things (page elements) to use and test out. How can you "try out" any software that doesnt give you access to anything !! errr. The timer will kill the program in 30 days so why not let potential buyers test out your program as you designed it ??? Doesnt make sense to me.

Default Re: How to insert 3rd party code/scripts for newbee

Hi Paul,
    First thing to keep in mind is that Web Designer is not a HTML editor. There is no HTML during the design and edit process, so unlike Dreamweaver there is no code view. Web Designer is a HTML 'generator'. In other words, it generates the HTML for your website when you 'publish'.
    Having said that, you can add third party scripts and and code snippets via the use of placeholder objects which are edited via the Placeholder tab in Web Proerties. Other head and body code can be added via the Page and Website tabs of Web Properties.

I'd recommend you read through the Help section regarding Placeholders and how to add code.

Oh and btw, Xara software trials are fully functional, nothing is crippled.
    Some Design Gallery items may not be available until you buy, but none of those are necessary to use the application or build a fully functional website.