Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Pasteboard not showing on first page (index page) only

Hi All,

All of sudden (for no apparent reason - though there must be one) the Pasteboard stopped showing on my first page only. I've tried duplicating the page and the same thing happens to the duplicate. Also, I reset the Pasteboard and set it to a simple color (instead of using a jpg) -- same issue. I'm using IE and did clear the cache, but still the problem happens. Any clues?

Thanks,
    Icue

Default Re: Pasteboard not showing on first page (index page) only

Hi Icue, could you upload the file ?

Couple of things to try:

1. Right-click on the Pasteboard and select Pasteboard background > Reset.
    2. On the Page & Layer gallery and unlock the Pasteboard background Layer.
      1. Delete it.
      2. Drag a colour from the Colour bar onto the geryed Pasteboard.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Drywd, Acorn,

Thanks for looking at my post and your help. I have just now found the source of the issue - I should have known better. To find the problem I copied my broken "index" page into a new project (which already had it's own index page, thus the copied page became "index a"). The curios thing is, this messed up the new project's index page just by copying the broken page to the new project. Thus it must be something both pages had in common - a CSS file xr_main.css. I compared a working vs. broken CSS file. My mistake was obvious - I had used a single-quote in a custom color name - rookie mistake in moment of sleeplessness!

OTOH - Given what this program is, Xara should parse input fields for valid data.

Thanks again,
    Icue

Info Re: Pasteboard not showing on first page (index page) only

Quote Originally Posted by icue View Post
    OTOH - Given what this program is, Xara should parse input fields for valid data.
    Icue
    Maybe, but as Placeholder snippets can be anything, what can the parsing be against?
    The logical approach would be to use a simple web-based development environment (try W3 Schools: http://www.w3schools.com/ as a sampler).

What Xara should provide is an simple HTML text editor widget. Here's mine: TinyMCE Editor Utility.web.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Maybe, but as Placeholder snippets can be anything, what can the parsing be against?
    The logical approach would be to use a simple web-based development environment (try W3 Schools: http://www.w3schools.com/ as a sampler).

What Xara should provide is an simple HTML text editor widget. Here's mine: TinyMCE Editor Utility.web.

Acorn

Acorn,

Thanks for the link. Site looks to be very useful and informative.

Concerning testing user input for validity, I was suggesting, for example, that when I create a custom color name, Web Designer should prohibit me from using invalid characters in the color name i.e. " ' ".

Out of curiosity, does TinyMCE allow me to edit HTML from within Xara such that when I save my site the changes are maintained? If not is there a way to do this?

Icue