Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default resetting/removing the attributes from a layer such as a color fill

I'm having trouble working tonight because I'm using a lot of bucket fill attributes for my layers. When I'm done, I keep seeing the arrows on my image even when I use the pick tool. How do I get rid of those little arrows when I'm done with them?

Thanks,
    pslane

Default Re: resetting/removing the attributes from a layer such as a color fill

Press V.
    You're seeing the fill-arrows because the fill tool is still active when the object is selected.

Thank you!

That didn't work.

"Bucket fill attributes" and "pick tool"? Sounds like you're using a completely different program... ;-)

In the Selector tool, look at the second button from the left on the Infobar. If it looks pushed in, click it to make it "unpushed" and the fill handles should disappear.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by PhilM View Post
    "Bucket fill attributes" and "pick tool"? Sounds like you're using a completely different program...

Phil
    Sure does.

In the Selector tool, look at the second button from the left on the Infobar. If it looks pushed in, click it to make it "unpushed" and the fill handles should disappear.

Phil
    Thaanks Phil.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

what Phil said

clicking V just moves you to the selector tool, does not necessarily reset the visible handles
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

"Bucket fill attributes" and "pick tool"? Sounds like you're using a completely different program... ;-)

Phil
    It's the third button from the left in my copy of DPX10.

There are many software programs that use the bucket and the pointer as symbols. These two, the arrow pointer and bucket are used in PSP and also PS and in all the software I've used. The definition may be different in each individual program but they are basically for the same action. I am constantly going back and forth, using these software programs so I don't always remember to call it by the correct name.

Now I see the correct tool button for removing an attribute. (Thanks!) Well, whattayouknow!!.. It's a bucket!! Another tidbit of knowledge to add to my overfilled (with a bucket) brain. lol I assure you I am using Xara right now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	x10.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	106445   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	x11.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	106446  

Quote Originally Posted by steve.ledger View Post
    It's the third button from the left in my copy of DPX10.
    Sorry, yes you're right. D'Oh!

Phil