Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Xara3D to Photoshop Help

I made this GIF and want to implement it into a design I made for a forum signature in photoshop. I am unable to inport video frames to layers. it keeps saying can not do so because the file can not be opened. it is saved a a gif...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	syndicatelogoani.gif 
Views:	361 
Size:	219.0 KB 
ID:	106411

Default Re: Xara3D to Photoshop Help

the correct way to do this in earlier photoshop is to open it in imageready which will give you your layers that you can then save/use in photoshop itself - I am using CS2.. if you are using photoshop that does not have imageready I can't help, sorry
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    the correct way to do this in earlier photoshop is to open it in imageready which will give you your layers that you can then save/use in photoshop itself - I am using CS2.. if you are using photoshop that does not have imageready I can't help, sorry
    I have fireworks

I assume you made this in xara3D as you have posted in that forum

I don't have fireworks

If you are prepared to post up the original .X3D file though it's possible someone can convert it for you into a layered .PSD [if that is what you want]
    Nothing lasts forever...

In the opening post, you mention you are wanting to get this into Photoshop. Photoshop opens all frames of an animated GIF.

Your next post says you are using Fireworks.

If you want this as a PS file, let me know and I'll post a version of your GIF as a PSD. You should then be able to import it into FW.

mine doesn't [CS2] it opens it as a single layer .GIF - but I am prepared to be told I am doing it wrong, PS is close to the bottom of the list of programs of choice for animation as far as I am concerned

reason I asked if the original was done in X3D and if that file could be posted is because I am a cynical person who still believes in copyright there may be useful alternative export options
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    mine doesn't [CS2] it opens it as a single layer .GIF - but I am prepared to be told I am doing it wrong, PS is close to the bottom of the list of programs of choice for animation as far as I am concerned

reason I asked if the original was done in X3D and if that file could be posted is because I am a cynical person who still believes in copyright there may be useful alternative export options
    CS2 and before uses ImageReady to grab frames. Adobe killed opening the frames of animated GIFs in CS3/CS4, reappeared in CS5 via individual frames. CS5.5 and above I believe is like the beclow in CC2014.

It would be simple to redo, even in PS (wouldn't be my first, second ... choice anyway). Then one can avoid the crud from the limited palette and compression from using the GIF anyway.

Mike

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-002861.png 
Views:	282 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	106474

yep I do believe I mentioned imageready - thanks for the rundown on the later versions
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yes. I know you did. There's been a few versions since then...

sure have ..but never need to upgrade myself.. actually, the way things are going I'll still be using xdpx next decade... <sigh> ...
    Nothing lasts forever...