Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Problems exporting in ai eps/ svg or pdf

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DrRunner Opt.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	106410Hi Guy's, I've been creating a viehcle wrap over the last few months, but now when I finally go to export it ready to send to the printers Xara Pro 9 /64 on (Samsung i7 core 8gb, Win 8.1) will not do it & keeps crashing. The printer has asked for it in ai, eps. Any help please? the attached png image of the xar file, it is just one side :/

Kind Regards
    MBuddha

Default Re: Problems exporting in ai eps/ svg or pdf

Depends what your file is made up with for example many large bitmaps, large areas of transparencies and your art board size. Up until very recently I was working with a Scottish Health region mostly doing newsletters but a bit of everything, brochures, poster and presentations. All files had to be handed in as AI PDF's but well I was happy doing cartoon and infographics in Xara then exporting them to Illy and so long as you followed a few rules no problems. Now I can't make comment on svg as it is a format I only use for web and not for print and eps I only use if I have problems with fonts as it isn't transparency friendly in my opinion. So that only leaves AI which is a legacy (older) format of a AI file and PDF I would use the latter for exporting work for print. If you have enough memory in your computer Xara might huff and puff but it will produce a good formatted PDF file. Please no stray artifacts which are off the art board as this can also cause problems and remember that the printer can enlarge your PDF and make it double the size when printing so long that your bitmaps at around the 300 dpi at smaller scale.

You could post your Xara file up here to see if anyone here can give a hand as I think you tried to.
    Design is thinking made visual.

What is the page size in your Xara product (and what Xara product)? What is the size of the wrap at 100% size?

Are you trying to export to PDF as a multiplage PDF, or one side at a time?

Are all those logos bitmaps? If so, what are their resolutions?

This isn't related to the thread but from one day to the next I cannot start designer pro 10
    When I click on the icon a window pops up stating I may have a damaged installation folder
    Zara support suggested turning off anti virus and deleting installation folder
    I even deleted registry entries and nothing is working I'm running windows 8.1 please help if you can

Welcome to TalkGraphics kearnj1062

Please start a new thread for this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    What is the page size in your Xara product (and what Xara product)? What is the size of the wrap at 100% size?

Are you trying to export to PDF as a multiplage PDF, or one side at a time?

Are all those logos bitmaps? If so, what are their resolutions?
    Hi Mwenz, I am using Designer Pro X9, 64bit on Windows 8.1. I have re created all the logos in Xara & removed all bitmaps. Ive beed asked to supply all the parts in "Eps is prefered format 25% size at 300 dpi or full size at 300 dpi". Though I have tried to export as pdf. ai.eps, psd. but ill only work as png/jpg ect. I have remove most of the shadowes,transparacies & effects from each of the logos, here is one of the side panels REFlg MarkSides.xar I'm working on an A4 size art board.

It's all of the extra drawings off the art board that is causing the problems with your PDF. Make a 2 document drawing saving the maybe un-need material as another doc so that you have your main document and then these other extra ones as a separate PDF. As you can see I clipped your outline of the van an exported it as a PDF no problems at all. Can't upload PDF as it is too big for this forum to handle but it opens in AI no problems. Once you have made your 2 docs try yourself to export it if you still have problems I will happily do it for you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bitmap_Engineers.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	106656  

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    It's all of the extra drawings off the art board that is causing the problems with your PDF....... I will happily do it for you.
    awesome @Albacore. i really wish this forum had a "thanks" button like other forums to show how much we appreciate the great help here without needing to add ot posts like this

You made my day Mickey, only to glad to help. I take it worked out for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    You made my day Mickey, only to glad to help. I take it worked out for you?
    personally, i've never had an issue with saving pdfs but i've never tried an image so heavily loaded with graphics. i was able to export the op's original .xar file that he linked as a pdf but it not only took longer to save than usual it took forever to load and view with adobe pdf reader (really stressed my laptop, the fan kicked up to high speed and i was waiting to see smoke ). taking out all of the extraneous fluff around the image made it a bit quicker. definitely a memory issue on his end if it was erroring out. or maybe...was it actually crashing when op was trying to save or because of how long it was taking it was assumed to have crashed???

again, nice catch so quickly!