Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: changing colors separately

@ Gary, No I never knew that either. It's a new one on me. Shame it doesn't give the new colour a new name though.

@ Thizzle, probably right but as I haven't got P&GD I can't say for sure. But the method of cut & copy to a new page, change the named colour pin to the new desired colour, copy & paste back into original file and choose don't match should work I think.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I'm making the corkboard graphic in Photo & Graphic Designer MX 2013 and can not change the color of each pin in individually. When i open gwpriester attached .web file in Web Designer 10 i can change the color of each pin.

It probably didn't work because i am using an older version of photo & graphic designer.
    Then try Egg's method. It does work.

Not sure whether this is a bug or not ... Perhaps someone can either explain or recreate.

If you take one of the red pins, copy it and change it to another colour (for example: blue) and then create an alt rainbow blend (maybe 10 steps) between the two, the top always seems to have a highlight, that didn't change with the alt rainbow blend. It seems just like a fade blend. Or am I imagining things.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Can't see that Kieth. Can you supply an image showing this effect.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pin Blend.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	106441
    By the way I'm using P&GD9 ... That may make a difference. Also, something odd seems to be going on with the shadows, but that's another issue.
    pin.xar
    Keith
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

And wild colored shadows...

Not really certain what you want. How's this?

Name:	capture-002838.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	106443

Hi Mike. I see you've got rid of the shadow colour shifts but I think Keiths main concern is the purplish highlights (circled)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pins.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	106448  
    Egg

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Mike. I see you've got rid of the shadow colour shifts but I think Keiths main concern is the purplish highlights (circled)
    Ah, I was concentrating on the very top. Then got carried away with fixing the shadows.

Normal blend, Rainbow, Alt Rainbow. There would still be one ellipse to fix to make it truly proper. Close enough.

Mike

Name:	capture-002845.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	106449

Name:	capture-002846.png 
Views:	101 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	106450

Name:	capture-002847.png 
Views:	96 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	106451

Mike,

Egg's right .... I don't need it fixed, as I don't actually need it at all. My "concern" - although that's too strong a word - was why does the blend ignore that particular item? Shouldn't the blend have worked with it too?
    Keith

It looks like the blend of the highlight is a normal blend, while everything else uses the alt rainbow.
    Keith