Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Cannot fill image using Paint tool

Hello!

I'm using XDPX9 to create logos for my new game company (Gummisaurus Games). I created the dinosaur using the Shape Tool and a lot of patience (I have Cerebral Palsy and it's hard enough!!). All of the outline is connected with no gaps. I want to fill the body with a rainbow color with the Paint tool, but when I try to use it, nothing happens. I have several layers that are locked, but the layer that will hold the fill is visible and unlocked. Why wouldn't it work and what am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gummisaurus_drawing1.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	106348  
    Raptor
    Dark Shaman and Neko Lover

Default Re: Cannot fill image using Paint tool

Then he isn't likely really a closed path. Attach your file is the easiest means of determining what you need to do.

Yeah, I can't tell for sure from the posted image, but it appears that the shape isn't closed. It looks like the area of his back over the eyes is the start of the line. If you reduced the line width to .5 pt or smaller, then click the shape tool, you should be able to see all the anchor points and the start and end of your line, it would be more clear. I am pretty sure your shape is not closed.

My apologies. Here's the file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Raptor
    Dark Shaman and Neko Lover

The only object that can be filled is on the unlocked layer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-002781.png 
Views:	109 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	106351

Every other object is an open set of paths.

Mike

Perhaps this will help. For an object to have a fill it must be a closed shape (not just appear like a closed shape) You can't apply a fill to a line. Watch the status bar at the bottom left of the Xara window, it will tell you whether the selected object is a Line or a Shape. The difference is important.

Watch in HD

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Nice video by Egg so I hope this helps also You can look at the xar file and take it from there

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gummisaurus_drawing1.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	106355  
    Attached Files Attached Files