Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Directories ...

Default Directories ...

Hi Everyone,

Just purchased a copy of XPGD9.

Somehow ... Okay, I know, Pilot Error ... I have managed to create a new directory in my Fill Gallery that I don't want. I created a new sub folder called Metals, but by mistake created a new index in the main Fills directory. this has resulted in a duplicate fills directory as a new directory in the fills gallery. The "Remove directory" is grayed out on this. How can I remove it?

Thanks.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Default Re: Directories ...

Yoiks! There's a name I have not seen in quite some time!

How and where did you create the directory to begin with?

Hi Gary, Yes it has been a while. Got a little disgusted with the in-fighting around the time the Xara-Users forum came into being, so stopped posting .... I think I'm over it now!

I created a new sub-folder "Metals" in the Fills Folder, and clicked "Add" to add it from the Disc Fills button. Trouble was, I was in the main Fill folder, not the "Metals" sub-folder. I therefore added a duplicate Fills gallery in the Fills gallery. Obviously stupidly ... But the remove folder is grayed out.
    Keith
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Can you right click on the folder's title bar and then select Remove Folder? It sounds like the answer is no.

You might try going to the Program Files folder on your C: drive and see if you can delete the folder in the Fills folder.

No, I can't select "Remove Folder" as you suspected.

and No, I can't delete it from the Fills Folder, because it isn't really there, there's just a link to the Fills Folder in the Fills Folder.

It's really a shame that these directories are such a pain to use, they would be better if they just worked like an explorer window. I've resorted to using Zoner Photo Studio to browse my pictures, fills etc. (it even shows the XAR files correctly, and it can even drag and drop into Xara itself). It seems to work better than the directories attached to the program.
    Keith

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi Keith, Welcome back!

I have done the exact same thing and I was stuck with it until the next version came out. Since then I store my custom folders for fills, designs, etc outside of the program.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks Frances, it's nice to be back. Hopefully, I can get back into playing with Xara again .......

Just seems so odd that this doesn't have a simple fix.
    Last edited by ss-kalm; 25 February 2015 at 03:24 AM.
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Just purchased a copy of XPGD9.

Somehow ... Okay, I know, Pilot Error ... I have managed to create a new directory in my Fill Gallery that I don't want. I created a new sub folder called Metals, but by mistake created a new index in the main Fills directory. this has resulted in a duplicate fills directory as a new directory in the fills gallery. The "Remove directory" is grayed out on this. How can I remove it?

Thanks.
    Close P&GD9

Open REGEDIT from the Windows Run box.

Find:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\Xtreme\9.2\Gallery \FillsGallery

In the right pane, select and delete the string value entry that points to the folder you created in error.
    Close REGEDIT.

Done.

Steve,

As usual, you're a genius ... Thanks.
    Keith