Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default changing font size in varients

I have tried a number of things to make the font on my web version one size - and the font on the mobile variant a different size. However, every change I make to one - changes the other (regarding style, color, size).

So, I finally gave up and just told it to quit sharing the changes with the variants.

I'm sure there is a proper way to do this?

Default Re: changing font size in varients

Using the Text tool, highlight and change the text in the variant, then using the drop-down menu at the top, select "Update style in this variant"

Hmmm. This doesn't seem to work. Regardless of what I do, it seems to change the font size in all the variants...

Edit: But this did: Select text -> Right Click -> Variant -> Stop Sharing with all variants.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdDegree View Post
    Hmmm. This doesn't seem to work. Regardless of what I do, it seems to change the font size in all the variants...

Edit: But this did: Select text -> Right Click -> Variant -> Stop Sharing with all variants.
    I think that stops live sharing between variants. In other words any changes, spelling corrections or additions will not be updated between them.

See video tutorial here at 5 mins 50 secs

Quote Originally Posted by Drwyd View Post
    I think that stops live sharing between variants. In other words any changes, spelling corrections or additions will not be updated between them.

See video tutorial here at 5 mins 50 secs
    Yes, you are correct, it does. The method described in that tutorial is much better, if I could have gotten it to work. Bet no matter what combination of that I used, it affected the fonts on all the variants. I'll try again later...

Thanks

I too am unable to find how to have differing font sizes. I've submitted a job ticket today, about 30 minutes ago. I'll try the above suggested method.

Yes, the suggested method worked for me. I changed the Mobile text font size from 14px to 16 px, then went to the Info tool bar (If not visible: Window > Control Bars > and check on "Infobar") In Infobar's "Style", select "Update style in this variant". The text in the Mobile variant did increase to 16px while the Main variant's text remained at 14px.

I'll now go close the ticket.