Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problem with navigation menu, using a second nav menu - Web Designer 9 Premium

The main navigation bar works perfect, exept on one page. On this page I use a (second) navigation menu. When I go over this menu or select an item from the menu, the main navigation bar shows only a part of the sub menus. It happens here: http://basketwillebroek.be - go to [Beeldmateriaal]. I hope someone can help me with this problem.

Default Re: Problem with navigation menu, using a second nav menu - Web Designer 9 Premium

Hi Sjef01, welcome to TG

Could you upload your Xar file so we can see it in the editor. To reduce size you can make a copy then delete whatever is not necessary before sending.

Default Re: Problem with navigation menu, using a second nav menu - Web Designer 9 Premium

Welcome Jeff,

Can I ask why you've made this one page different from the rest of your site as many of the top nav buttons have fairly long sub-menus, so why create a different menu for this one page?

If you really want to do that I'd suggest splitting the site into two with Beeldmateriaal as a site in a sub directory from your main site.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

To Moderator Drwyd:
    Can I send you a link, where you can download my file? Thanks.
    Last edited by Sjef01; 22 February 2015 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention the name of the moderator.

If it is still too large you can delete all the other pages as I suspect that is all we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Drwyd View Post
    If it is still too large you can delete all the other pages as I suspect that is all we need.
    I send the file as an attachment. I hope it's OK.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Sjef01; 23 February 2015 at 10:07 AM. Reason: I sent the original file.

Hi Egg Bramhill,

I did so because in the navigation bar you can't link to layers. Splitting the site in two is a lot of work, because I have to rebuild the 26 layers to pages.

Never seen this problem before. As soon as you add a link to a layer it kills the main menu.

I would make those layers into pages.

• Duplicate the page
    • Delete the unwanted layers
    • Copy the objects from the layer
    • Paste in place onto the MouseOff layer (Control+Shift+V)
    • Delete the copied layer

You can then link from the main (or a secondary) menu.

Alternatively, just use a column of links. There is not really any need for a drop down menu there.

Don't forget to move your "Data" layer below the pop-up layers and set them to close automatically if you do.

Drwyd,

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I choose to use a column of links and moved a couple of links to the main menu (Verleden), so I could use the drop down menu there. I set the pop-up layers to close automatically, as suggested. I don't know why I had to move the "Data" layer below the pop-up layers, because it didn't make a difference.

Thanks again for your help.

Hi Jef, I was going to suggest your problem was that you had two nav bars on the same layer, which I still think is a problem. However looking at your current site you seem to have this sorted now
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host