Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Smile Can XWD10P do this Mobile Lander?

Hi,

I bought XWD10P specifically to do mobile landing pages but I can't figure out how achieve the following simple effect, or indeed if XWD10P can even do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b9m...ature=youtu.be

Notice the following:

1. As the browser width is reduced the elements on the page automatically wrap (text etc) and the page areas increase in height to accommodate
    2. The big red button on this page increases/decreases in size as the browser width is adjusted

This is ideally how I want all my mobile landers to function. XWD10P uses Variants of different sizes pages to accommodate different resolutions but the above effect is not part of this. Most forums function in this way too by snapping elements to the browser width including this one (Talk Graphics) !!! I know how to make banners full width by putting them on the Pasteboard Background etc, but this is not the same is having elements snap and adjust to the browser width.

Can XWD10P achieve this effect?

Much appreciated
    Last edited by ianparks; 20 February 2015 at 02:58 PM.

Default Re: Can XWD10P do this Mobile Lander?

Unfortunately this effect cannot be achieved with Xara. Rather than a dynamic/responsive approach Xara goes for the static/adaptive one. There are pros and cons to both ways but the adaptive one is much more suitable for non coders.

P.S. If you set your "breakpoint value" to 100 (FAQ tab and 4th item down) then 5 variants covers just about all devices (320+ 480+ 600+ 768+ 960+)