Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: 1st Website opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by boomish View Post
    Thats really interesting thanks Arpeggio, ok I shall try and design something specific.
    No problem. Looking at your site I think there's loads of stuff you could make video of.

Hi Alan, I don't know how to say this other than bluntly. Your site doesn't work for me. Your site should be about YOU. You are very obviously very talented and multi-disciplined and a leader within your industry.

However your site says virtually nothing about yourself, your experience, your skills or expertise. You have links on the Discography page that is ultra impressive as a CV but doesn't say a thing about your input to these productions. Similarly the Biog link leads to a very sexy mouse over link page but just seems to lead to merchandising web sites. Why?

Not wanting to be hyper critical but if I was searching for the services you are providing I'd want to see more about YOU. For example your home page has:

Producer
    Mixer
    Engineer

I'd like to see these as menu items that lead to pages explaining your obvious experiences within these fields.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hello nice to meet you boomish. I'm new here. By the way, I can't see your 2nd link due to not found error. Hope you will fix soon.

@boomish: Hey Alan, your website is well design, sounds professional. But I think you've already make your choice as #2nd link is not working anymore, and your official URL is showing #1 link. Good choice anyway!

Alan,
    Its a pleasure to address a person with a record of such accomplishments. I think your first attempt at creating a website is quite good.
    Please dont be disheartened by the helpful and insightful comments. I believe everyone here wants to be of help.
    Keep at it. Youre a very capable individual.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer