Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default URL now has #xl_xr_page_index extension

Hi,

I've just upgraded to XWD10P and i've been playing with editing the VUE template which has 3 variants. I've actually deleted two of the variants and now only have the mobile version. When I upload this single page i've noticed the URL is followed by #xl_xr_page_index

I was wondering what this is and what is it's function as it's not mentioned in the manual? I only ask because i've noticed a significant time delay of up to 6 seconds (sometimes) for the webpage to resolve in a browser and because I am creating mobile affiliate campaigns this delay in resolving is worrying. I actually sent my friend a link to my page and he said the page would not resolve even though it was fine at my end.

Thanks for any assistance

Ian Parks.
    Last edited by ianparks; 17 February 2015 at 12:38 AM.

Default Re: URL now has #xl_xr_page_index extension

On a limb, without checking directly, but that's all a manifestation of a Supersite.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    On a limb, without checking directly, but that's all a manifestation of a Supersite.
    Acorn
    I have this issue as well, and you are right - if i change the site to conventional website the issue goes. Does that mean I need to live with that URL for a Supersite?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andymackk View Post
    I have this issue as well, and you are right - if i change the site to conventional website the issue goes. Does that mean I need to live with that URL for a Supersite?
    Thanks
    Just link or advise the link to others as everything up to index.htm.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sorry, i don't understand...
    the home page is exported as index.htm - as soon as browse to the domain it changes - without any links
    The navigation link point to index.htm
    It seems to append this extension itself

Quote Originally Posted by Andymackk View Post
    Sorry, i don't understand...
    the home page is exported as index.htm - as soon as browse to the domain it changes - without any links
    The navigation link point to index.htm
    It seems to append this extension itself
    ... but you asked the question "Does that mean I need to live with that URL for a Supersite?"
    No - You don't have to type it out in full for the site to be reached. Yes - the bookmark (#...) is added automatically and changes as you move to the SuperSite's other pages.
    It is done like this as a SuperSite publishes all the pages in one html file. There is no separate index.htm, page2.htm or page_other.htm as each is embedded in their own div tag referenced by a bookmark.

Acorn

I see.... thanks for the explanation

Cheers