Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Default Re: How can I get images to not resize AT ALL when inserted into emails (Outlook2010)

You're going to have to compromise shiphen. It's not a graphics problem, it's a known Outlook issue.

Going on about how it doesn't work properly is getting you nowhere.

Default Re: How can I get images to not resize AT ALL when inserted into emails (Outlook2010)

You're not telling me anything new Pauland. I've been irritated by this problem and compromising for over 15 years. For now, the best I can do is to use GIF not JPEGs - at least they arrive at the correct size (even though they get horribly enlarged when forwarded). This works well for annotated screenshots and the like, but is horrible for photos.

If anyone comes up with any helpful suggestions I'll let you know.
    Last edited by shiphen; 19 February 2015 at 10:43 AM.

Even though there are alternative solutions, you stick with a workflow that delivers a less optimal experience for the recipient.

That's not so good.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Even though there are alternative solutions, you stick with a workflow that delivers a less optimal experience for the recipient.
    That's not so good.
    Precisely what I have been trying to avoid. Given that I am stuck with using Outlook2010 and given that I am not talking about transferring artwork but communicating visually, please explain.

Shiphen, it should be about the end-user experience not your experience in generating the images.

My clients aren't keen on "The image would be clearer, but it's a bit of a nuisance, so I did it the easier way.".

You had three alternatives at least.

1) Change DPI
    2) Change mail client
    3) Change workflow to use an alternative method of sending images in mail.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Shiphen, it should be about the end-user experience not your experience in generating the images.

My clients aren't keen on "The image would be clearer, but it's a bit of a nuisance, so I did it the easier way.".

You had three alternatives at least.

1) Change DPI
    2) Change mail client
    3) Change workflow to use an alternative method of sending images in mail.

Yes, my clients too. Which is why I am trying to avoid the compromise of them always receiving images that have been blurred by Outlook.

1)
    Change DPI is not an option for reasons already given (Win logoff required - not realistic for frequent use)

2)
    Change mail client is not an option for reasons already given (I am forced to user Outlook for use within the company)

3)
    As previously indicated, for this purpose I am not trying to send images. I am trying to communicate visually within an email.

Any other suggestions?

(I am forced to user Outlook for use within the company)

I think this is the first time you've mentioned that, unless I'm mistaken.

Sounds like you might have IT support - in which case I would be calling them and asking for a solution.

They might just give you another, seperate PC, you can leave at 100% DPI.

I'd be tempted to ask them for another machine with a bigger display.

Geez, all this can be avoided using a mail service in conjunction with Outlook.

While I did, back in the day, obtain certification for Outlook and made good money customizing Outlook for various large company's usage, I would still recommend using a service today.

There are stand-alone applications that build good html emails as well. Images are hosted. Work in most all modern (and semi-modern) email systems (various browsers and email clients). That said, I still recommend services for this. It's pretty painless.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Good call.

Our IT Support couldn't help. And neither can any of the outlook forums that I've tried.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Interesting. When you say "a mail service" do you mean a hosted application like gmail/hotmail/yahoo mail etc? Or a mobile phone app? Or another Windows application the also uses msExchange? Or something different (that I've never heard of)?

Either way will this be expensive - and do you have any specific recommendations?