Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Disable browser warning of Supersite transition effect javascript

Guys, I've bumped into this. My colleague was testing the pages I made using Supersite and transition effect, yet it keeps popping up the "This website works best with any of the latest web browsers...", even though he's using the latest Explorer v11. I checked and found that this sentence is there in prs4.js. Is there a way to simply disable the warning? I tried to remove this first var line, but my colleague said that also killed the page transition as well. Would appreciate it if anyone can point me to how to modify the javascript.

Default Re: Disable browser warning of Supersite transition effect javascript

prs4.js also states "If you are using an up to date browser and still see this message, make sure you don't have the browser in a compatibility mode."

I would try that first before trying to alter code that you would have to refix after each and every publish.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Inside the prs4.js code is a statement javascript:alert('Hi!');
    I would alter alert to void.

What do you do when the message is for a genuine indication?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    prs4.js also states "If you are using an up to date browser and still see this message, make sure you don't have the browser in a compatibility mode."

I would try that first before trying to alter code that you would have to refix after each and every publish.

Acorn
    You can alter it once and then attach the altered file to the document using CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+A. The edited file will be published so no need to edit the file after each publish.

Thank you guys for all the suggestions! Will give it a try now.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post

Acorn
    I don't see this line in the prs4.js... Help!

*I mean the "javascript:alert('Hi!');" line isn't there in prs4.js.

BTW, my colleague is not using compatibility mode. His IE version is v11 with no plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by steve.ledger View Post
    You can alter it once and then attach the altered file to the document using CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+A. The edited file will be published so no need to edit the file after each publish.
    Thank you Steve for that snippet.
    Acorn

@wall: perhaps you can pass over the URL of the offending site?
    Acorn

Hi, here's a test render:

www.chineekong.com/zhy_bz_cn.htm

I personally didn't see any warning message on my 3 laptops: two Windows 8.1, one Win 7 64bit. However, my colleague tested on 2 machines, one Win 7 64bit, one XP, both have problems. His Win 7 laptop is a curious case: everything should be working, but no, it keeps popping up that warning message in both IE and Firefox and it also fails to playback Xara's inbuilt mp3 player. So the above test render page uses a 3rd party player instead. BTW, even though I wouldn't call my colleague a computer genius, he is quite familiar with troubleshooting et al. Actually, his job heavily relies on providing tech support to customers for their Windows PC issues.

Anywho, it'd be great if I could simply disable the javascript warning. But there's no "javascript:alert('Hi!')" in prs4.js. But there's a "alert(xr_oldwarning);". Would changing this alert to void work? I can't have my colleague to test it till tomorrow.

Interesting, this is the first time I've seen it appear for anyone using I.E 11, and even firefox (which the effects should be supported in early versions as well)

Is it just your friends laptop it occurs on? Nobody else?