I would like to know the best way to draw this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logogogo.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	1.8 KB 
ID:	106068

In Illustrator please.

Default Re: Best way to draw

Hi Manking welcome to TG. Here's how I would do this but there're many other ways:
    1. Turn on Smart Guides
    2. Go to the Edit menu then Down to Preferences then out to Smart Guides and make sure you see O, 45, 90, 135. and you can tisk and select all boxes there.
    3. Choose the Ellipse Tool and Double Click on the art board. You will want to draw your logo to a good size at least 50mm I would do it larger. Type in your size that you want
    4. Now stage is where you have the choice of the way of doing your drawing. I see it as 2 half circles with transparency overlaying another 2 half circles all off centre to each other.
    5. Copy your circle into clipboard then turn your circle into Guide (right click).
    6. Bring on your Rulers (Ctrl+R). Then select the circle guide on the centre bring down a vertical & horizontal Rulers select all and also set as Guide, right click & lock guides.
    7. Use Ctrl+F to paste a copy of your circle and place the centre to your centre of your guides. Now Scale this Circle by 15% using the Scaling Tool (you can use the Copy in this tool)
    8. Using the Line Segment tool draw a line while holding gown Shift to constrain over circle like a diagonal line.
    9. Select both circle and line. Using the Pathfinder menu click on the Divide. Then hold down Shift+Ctrl+G to ungroup
    10. Using Transform the Object Manu, Copy with Preview and Copy selected and click OK. Go this again until you have 4 half circles.
    11. Use the Free Transform Tool and offset the circles until they position themselves as your Logo shows.
    12. Using the Layers Palette select the bottom half circle and give it the colour Black, then you up one in the Layer and give it a green colour -- you will need to come back later and give it a Radial Gradient. Go up again and select the next shape in the Layer and give it a Lt. Blue colour (You will need to give this a Linear Fill later). Give the top one in the stack Lt. Blue as well (same applies with Linear Fill).
    13. The next part is better explained in a full tutorial as it would take too long to explain about Opacity Masks so have a look here: http://creativetechs.com/tipsblog/tr...n-illustrator/

Hope that helps. In the attached drawing I did not take enough time to get the Blending Modes correct but it is nearly your drawing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Design is thinking made visual.

I am not using Illustrator but if I was going to draw shape like this, then I would first look if there was some kind of symmetry in drawing. If there was, I would only draw small part and duplicate the rest.

First I would draw guides to help me to visualize the object and after that use those guides to construct the shape.

This was actually little tricky, so I did it myself as an exercise to see if I could draw it. Would need little more work as paths still not line up perfectly, but below is how I would approach this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stages.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	106075  

Yes @theinonen I thought to do it that way as well and did actually draw in Illy but the thought of describing it put me off. I think I did it slightly different than your self as I still thought of it as a half circle and used the Arc Tool + Pen Tool to remove the segment out using the Pathfinder tool. Mind you I thought we might have got a reply from @manking!

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    Yes @theinonen I thought to do it that way as well and did actually draw in Illy but the thought of describing it put me off. I think I did it slightly different than your self as I still thought of it as a half circle and used the Arc Tool + Pen Tool to remove the segment out using the Pathfinder tool. Mind you I thought we might have got a reply from @manking!
    Actually your way with half circle is lot easier but somehow I missed that possibility and could not see half circles in there myself. 4 duplicated half circles will reveal the shape needed and could work as guide. Then would be possible just to trace the shape from that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	albacore.png 
Views:	123 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	106088

Albacore half circle method

Glad to be of some help. I wouldn't bother to trace from the result of the half circle. Your logo is arranged on a 45 degree angle just keep in the vertical & horizontal and nudge the shapes along guides which you should have made till the make your shapes. Then use the right colours on the bottom two and give the top new two colour using Clipping maks then give them a certain amount of Opacity. Then group together and rotate by 45!