Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Repeat export?

Default Re: Repeat export?

It's great when you sort out your own answer Forumarian
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Lol yes sometimes it helps to write down the question to get me thinking about possible solutions, especially sometimes people suggest different ideas and it gets me thinking about alternative solutions but not neccessarily the ones that were suggested

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

If you know the filename you used the first time when you export again start typing it into the export box and the more letters you type the more your choices will get narrowed down.

For example if I am working on an advert I give it a file name based on the business name and a descriptive term followed by the date in day/month /year format. So an ad for Medicine Shop Pharmacy for vitamin C done today would be medshopvitc09022015 I export the ads as .png files for placing on the pages and if I need to reexport because of changes I just start typing medshop and I get a list of just medshop files then vitc and the date will narrow it down even further.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks, yes I know that works if you have very distinct filenames that are easy to remember but if you have a long list of model codes it's less useful.

The sort by date last saved works much better for me.

I often resave many times while I'm fine tuning a design so it gets tedious to keep tying in names.

Hi Frances,

Could I suggest saving as follows:

filename+yy+mm+dd+amendment_number

This way the files are displayed in chronological order. Your way the dd number then the mm number takes precedence and it makes searching a file very difficult. I know as I have sony software that saves photo files as you suggest and it makes a real mess of trying to sort photos.

See the screen grab of sorting by names comparing the two methods
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frances-sort.png 
Views:	77 
Size:	3.5 KB 
ID:	106090  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hello, thanks, this issue is fixed.