Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

And the introduction of the WebXealot Workbook [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

WebXealot Workbook #1 is now posted and features mini-tutorials concerning your two favorite metals, gold and chrome. The mini-tutorials images are shown below along with Brian Etherington's XPal 3, the vastly improved version of this cool palette creation utility.

XPal 3 has extended bitmap file format support, can save palettes in PAL and EPS file formats, can sort colors according to Hue, Saturation, Value and Name. Palettes import into Xara X and the colors appear in the color line, the Color Gallery and the name gallery. It's free and it's featured in the Workbook and available from the XaraXone Shareware Page.

Comments and suggestions are strongly encouraged.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<A HREF="http://www.gwpriester.com" TARGET=_blank>
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TheWorkbook.jpg 
Views:	735 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	10663  

And the introduction of the WebXealot Workbook [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

WebXealot Workbook #1 is now posted and features mini-tutorials concerning your two favorite metals, gold and chrome. The mini-tutorials images are shown below along with Brian Etherington's XPal 3, the vastly improved version of this cool palette creation utility.

XPal 3 has extended bitmap file format support, can save palettes in PAL and EPS file formats, can sort colors according to Hue, Saturation, Value and Name. Palettes import into Xara X and the colors appear in the color line, the Color Gallery and the name gallery. It's free and it's featured in the Workbook and available from the XaraXone Shareware Page.

Comments and suggestions are strongly encouraged.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<A HREF="http://www.gwpriester.com" TARGET=_blank>
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Hi Gary,

Just took a quick look at the workbook and it looks great. Tried downloading the XPal and got a Page not Found error.

Going to start on the workbook, see ya later.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thank you so much for the continuing tutorials and helpful information. The newly designed printer friendly page layout is most apprciated and the first tutorial is one that many of us have been yearning to learn in more easy to understand steps. Greatly appreciated [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

You've done it once again. Thank you so much [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Soquili is right the XPal page is not findable. I want that little dickens, need it actaully. I have come to use it quite often for figuring out palettes that work instead of all the guessing. I hope the page is fixed soon [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks again.

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

please use this link:

http://www.smokingun.co.uk/download/Xpal/setup.exe

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://jens.highspeedweb.net

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

There is a small problem with the link to XPal 3.0 but Jens is right you can download it from the URL link he gave.

Also, this all happened a bit to fast for me, and what with the time zone differences and Fulham playing Chelsea last night I was struggling to keep up. Anyway, there have been a few last minute changes to the code and the "real" version 3.0 is the one currently on my website (the Setup executable is dated 4/15/02 10:32AM). If anyone got of ahead of me, I recommend downloading this version.

Brian

the link has been fixed. I had an extra dot at the end of the exe

Just as well as Brian made some last minute tweaks to the code.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Nice workbook Gary!

Regards,
    Frits
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Gary, If this is going to be typical of the Workbook examples you will be preparing in the future, then I'm hooked already.

Perfect size and the Chrome/Shiny topic was spot on for me, also having you as the Featured Artist again would be a very good thing.

Thanks again.

Bob C.

Gary,
    First, thanks for the WebXealot, the many fine tutorials and the MANUAL. Secondly, thanks for the Workbook. Glad you haven't deserted the slow learners. A glance at the Workbook and it looks like you're off to a great start. All the Best, Neil