Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Loading speed

Question Loading speed

I'm finding that my site that is based on the Alpha template loads a bit slow. Even the buttons load slow. Anyone else find this happening?

Default Re: Loading speed

Post the URL and we can tell you.

Looks to me like your host's server is slow because that's were the slowdown is happening.

( The web browser is waiting for data from the server)

http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/dW2c....com/index.htm
    6.5s

Thank you Steve; I have contacted my Hosting Service.

Slow for me here too, on high speed Comcast cable. Still the page loads quickly, just not instantly.

It's still quite slow for me and I'm running at 137mbs but I can see that it would run too slow for most people. Just to make a point because you asked about SEO on another thread, speed is also a factor in SEO, if your site is taking 6.5s to load then most people will leave it before it has even loaded, therefore effecting it's google position, most people leave if a site takes more than 4s to load so yours is pretty bad.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Further to the above you use multiple small images that you could combine into a single image:

Combine multiple images into a single image. The overall size is about the same, but reducing the number of HTTP requests speeds up the page.
    Try to use a smaller tiling image for your page background rather than a 1200 x 800 one. This can dramatically reduce the load time.

Finally I notice that you don't seem to be using the "repeat on all pages" function, so often the exact same image is uploaded as an entirely different one on another page. You can move / resize / flip / rotate these repeating images on seperate pages and it still remains a single image. You can also delete repeating objects from individual pages as required.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Try to create a sprite image and load with css map and after check results

Say what..!?