Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default HELP WITH ERASING A CONTINUOUS LINE WITHOUT BREAKS

CAN SOMEONE ANSWER THIS QUESTION REGARDING USE OF THE ERASE TOOL? WHEN I AM ERASING MANUALLY, THE TOOL KEEPS "STOPPING" LIKE IT HAS TO TAKE AN AUTOMATIC STOP. I CANT SEEM TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO ERASE A CONTINUOUS LINE. I'M THINKING IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE MEMORY OR THE "REDO" FUNCTION , LIKE AN AUTO STOPPING POINT IS BEING CREATED. I AM FINDING IT VERY ANNOYING , PARTICULARLY WHEN I NEED TO FOLLOW AN ARCING OR IRREGULAR EDGE. ITS HARD TO START AGAIN IN THE MIDDLE OF A STROKE!
    THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP

Default Re: HELP WITH ERASING A CONTINUOUS LINE WITHOUT BREAKS

Why are you shouting? Typing in all caps is the same thing as shouting. So unlock your cap lock, OK?

Can you post an example of what it is you are trying to erase? And why are you using the eraser tool instead of the Shape Tool?

Welcome to TalkGraphics.

Is your mouse fully operational?

Welcome AUTO-FX. Whats's your problem?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

AUTO-FX I used the eraser in XP&GD9 with no problems. What you are describing sounds like you have selected the shape tool by mistake. Try it again and make sure you have the eraser selected.
    I have noticed that sometimes when double clicking on an object that the tool changes to a different tool, so be aware of that little glitch.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

ok I'm a bit late here - but are you sure it is a continuous line? just placing lines so they touch does not make them 'continuous' automatically in a vector app like xara, you have to select them and tell the program to add/join them as appropriate
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...