Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Opinions on typography websites

Hi all! I'm working on a student project and I am trying to gain a better understanding for how people use typography websites and what challenges people face when looking for typefaces, typography inspiration, etc. What do you love about the typography websites you use? Or what do you hate about the process? What kind of websites do you wish existed, but maybe don't already? Any info you can provide is extremely beneficial. Thanks!

Default Re: Opinions on typography websites

Define what a typographical website is.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Define what a typographical website is.
    http://www.siteinspire.com/websites?categories=24

Great link Paul.

I have to repeat Mike's question though. Please expand on your definition of typographical websites. Do you mean sites like Linotype.com, myfonts.com, fonts.com or are you thinking of sites such as Paul's like that feature good typography.

Anything that would be classified as relating too typography, whether it be foundry, inspiration site, news, blog, etc. The project that I am researching for is very open ended and only asks that the websites be about "typography".

I think the subject seems absurdly broad to be able to gather a meaningful response.

Perhaps you are meant to research a subject of your choice within the field of typography?

What level of research is this? A school project? university?

Here's what I suggest. Google "typography websites" and sift through the results. If you click on Images you can get a visual feel for whether or not you want to visit the site.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	results.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	154.2 KB 
ID:	105749  
    Last edited by gwpriester; 23 January 2015 at 07:21 PM.

Too difficult to give a one sentence answer! It's got to look clean would be my first request to hell which font they use..
    Design is thinking made visual.

Most of us use font Squirrel, dafont, and, Dieter Steffmann. font Squirrel is excellent because they give licensing information. If you browse font sites, some are very difficult to find where and how to download the fonts. Many of the sites that offer free fonts want you to download and install their down loader so steer clear of those. Some package pups with their fonts (fonts 101 is guilty of this) and that can be a real hassle sometimes you can decline but you just don't know.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

It is for University. The initial stages of the research are very broad and we can narrow down our research or website development as we go, depending on what aspects we found of especial interest.