Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default EXCEEDED ACTIVIATION

I tried to activate the Xara designer Premium 10 after I purchased it and it gave the message that I have exceeded the activation. I use the program on my computer at the office and at home - A computer have also crashed in the process which means I had to reinstall and activate several times, in all honesty I do not need to explain all the details. I am the only one using on the software, I purchased it and it is my right to use it, to tell me I have exceeded my activation is in my opinion ridiculous as a result I had to postpone work due to Xara.
    Kindly advise how this matter can be expedited and resolved. I am considering purchasing other web design software if this is the service I receive from Xara.

Default Re: EXCEEDED ACTIVIATION

You sill need to file a support ticket at www.xara.com. They are the only ones who can resolve this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hdebeer View Post
    I tried to activate the Xara designer Premium 10 after I purchased it and it gave the message that I have exceeded the activation. I use the program on my computer at the office and at home - A computer have also crashed in the process which means I had to reinstall and activate several times, in all honesty I do not need to explain all the details. I am the only one using on the software, I purchased it and it is my right to use it, to tell me I have exceeded my activation is in my opinion ridiculous as a result I had to postpone work due to Xara.
    Kindly advise how this matter can be expedited and resolved. I am considering purchasing other web design software if this is the service I receive from Xara.
    I totally agree, having recently purchased the V11 and then converting to Win 10 and because of issues reverting back to Win 7. Even though I uninstalled Xara V11, I still received a warning that I will not be able to reactivate for another 30 days even though it is on the same computer! This is unacceptable particularly as I am considering installing win 10 as a dualboot. When I initially installed the new version of Xara I deleted my previous version. If I lose access to V11 it seems I might also not be able to reactive my old version. If this policy is not revised, like you, I will revert to Corel and no more upgrades from Xara.

Quote Originally Posted by hdebeer View Post
    I am considering purchasing other web design software if this is the service I receive from Xara.
    What have you actually asked Xara for?
    You have had bad luck with you machines and Xara have the right to protect their intellectual property. I also thought that the activation was against a specific machine so, normally, such activations would pass through easily.
    I have always found Xara helpful in such matters, I am sure they will be for you too.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    I totally agree, having recently purchased the V11 and then converting to Win 10 and because of issues reverting back to Win 7. Even though I uninstalled Xara V11, I still received a warning that I will not be able to reactivate for another 30 days even though it is on the same computer! This is unacceptable particularly as I am considering installing win 10 as a dualboot. When I initially installed the new version of Xara I deleted my previous version. If I lose access to V11 it seems I might also not be able to reactive my old version. If this policy is not revised, like you, I will revert to Corel and no more upgrades from Xara.
    It is not easy to spot but there is a Deactive program function that you should have run before uninstalling / deleting / upgrading Windows / reverting Windows. Xara still thinks you have a licensed version running.

Again, contact Xara and explain what you product you have and what you did, or are attempting to do. Xara does assist.

Acorn

P.S. I have no connection with the company through there are a few Xara staff who do contribute to the Fora. We TGers try to assist with program and design aspects; licensing is firmly with Xara so you must contact them directly.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I received a reply from Xara to the effect that they had taken care of the problem. Well they had not! I now have to wait another couple of days (which has been more than a month) to reactivate my copy on the original computer it was installed on. What has this got do do with protection of intellectual rights? I have not had similar problems with Adobe, Corel or even Microsoft Office all of which have been reinstalled to the same unaltered computer without a problem. I have paid Xara to be able to use it on my own computers, is it unreasonable that I am trying to use what I have paid for? This is my last paid upgrade to Xara if that is the way they treat their customers. I also was not too thrilled that they included a bloatware program (Simpltek) or something with the installation, even though there was a difficult to spot option to opt out of install. That was a pain to get rid of

Hi,

What is your ticket number and we'll look into this.

I didn't have a problem when I took the upgrade to Windows 10 on my Laptop but at the weekend I replaced its hard drive with one of a larger size ghosting the original disk image across.

When I cam to start Web Designer, I got a pop-up telling me that my copy was not activated and that I would have to de-activate one of the two machines I had registered (I also have a tablet). I did this and then re-activated the Laptop and all was fine until the next time that I ran Web Designer when I got exactly the same pop-up only this time, when I tried to re-activate it, I was told that I had exceeded my 're-activations' and would have to wait 30 days before I could try again.

I've raised a ticket but I'm still waiting for a response and in the meanwhile I can't use Web Designer in my work.

I am not a happy bunny!

Hi steve911,

What is your ticket number and we'll look into this.

Just as a follow on to my original post.

I have no problem with Xara seeking to protect their intellectual copyright but their implementation of this policy has left a lot to be desired creating a lot of unnecessary frustration.

My own problem was that I was frequently getting a pop-up message when starting WD11 telling me that I had exceeded the number of activations even though the hardware of the two installations I had, one on my desktop and one on my laptop, had not changed - or so I thought.

It turned out that the message was being triggered simply by my having plugged my mobile phone into one of the USB ports to recharge it; the software decided that this simple action, something that many people must do every day, turned the laptop into a different, third device and that therefore I had exceeded the number of permitted activations.

Protecting intellectual property rights is fine by me but lets keep in contact with everyday reality guys.