Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Remove photo background using "enhance by color"?

It was introduced in the Dec 10th update and is only doucmented on the news page (http://support.xara.com/index.php?/News/List).

By bad for not looking at this page. I see it was linked in the Announcements page.

Hi @all,

I was just going to use the great "enhance by color" selection tool again.

However, it does not seem to be possible to make the tool to work only on a not masked part of a photo. It always seems to affect the entire photo no matter if parts of it are masked (i.e. protected) or not -- although the Knowledgebase says otherwise...?

I have masked out (protected) a part of my photo, however the "enhance by color" tool always applies to the entire photo. Why is that?

Cheers
    David

OK command back...

It works now. It seems that the mask MUST be created BEFORE the "enhance by color" tool is applied just one single time to the photo.

Cheers
    David

Small follow-on-question: Is it possible to hide mask/selection boundaries while still only applying color changes etc. to the selected/outmasked area of a photo?

The visible marching ants boundary is a little disturbing, so I'd like to hide it temporarily (as described here or mentioned here).