Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Vaporwave Album Cover...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Personal Shopping Assistant SVCD II.jpg 
Views:	2747 
Size:	131.0 KB 
ID:	105695

Forthcoming release I'm working on, I put everything together in Xara.

Everything is constructed of public domain materials. The album is called Personal Shopping Assistant SVCD. It's vaporwave. Don't ask.

And yes, it's intended to look like it's from an alternate reality where the 90's corporate aesthetics got jammed up into futuristic technology, to sort of create this elevator muzak version of cyberpunk that's more or less a consumerism wasteland void of human interactivity. The japanese text is all globalism symbolism.

As I said, don't ask.

If anyone's got some suggestions for layout improvement (or if it looks weird on your monitor), lemme know.

Default Re: Vaporwave Album Cover...

O K

Other considerations aside..

The idea that when this device becomes available that anyone will even need a physical medium really jars the concept. I can't get past the fact I'm looking at artwork inside a CD case. Not so futuristic for me.

:-(

Two more.

The futureistic aspect is more or less retro futurism...what the future today would've been like imagined back in the 1990's with horizontal market expansion the primary goal, not vertical expansion via new technologies, so given if corporate stranglehold were possible, the internet owned, etc. there could very well still be a market for physical items. And back then, they probably couldn't imagine anything else they'd be on other than discs.

That said, here's two more covers. The Playstation-type one got released if anyone's interested in what any of this sounds like.

The second one is for an album in progress.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	turbo_systems_wip.jpg 
Views:	1728 
Size:	138.2 KB 
ID:	105863   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sleeve_start.jpg 
Views:	361 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	105864