Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Smile Internal error 2220.k.co.gr

When working with ClipViews and then at the time I select a Group/ClipView and right-button-click a color and set the line color, I get this error very often, I have seen the message hundreds of times now. Sometimes there are internal errors when nudging something, too. Sadly, it's too randomized. I could try attaching a .xar, but it's not reproducible. Though, whatever I do in Xara, in about 15 minutes I get my first internal error 2220.

My question would be... if it's not crashing and not destroying my drawing, why do you give me that message box at all? I mean, I could still report a bug when that message was omitted a dozen times and my computer freezes and my drawing vanishes. I'd report it then. And I'd give you a log file full of internal errors if you'd like. But clicking ok to the message box is cumbersome.

Default Re: Internal error 2220.k.co.gr

My question would be... if it's not crashing and not destroying my drawing, why do you give me that message box at all?
    Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by pork View Post
    My question would be... if it's not crashing and not destroying my drawing, why do you give me that message box at all?
    Xara doesn't know the consequences of the error; but I'd rather it told me that something went wrong than trying to do something that isn't working. It helps support identify the issue as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Xara doesn't know the consequences of the error; but I'd rather it told me that something went wrong than trying to do something that isn't working. It helps support identify the issue as well.
    Maybe I should try to reproduce it. Obviously I'm clicking wrong things - just don't know what exactly.

Another unpredictable thing is this for me:

When I break a closed path (right-mouse-button -> break at point) there's these chances:

33%: The line style (color, stroke width) stays as it is.
    33%: The line style changes to something unexpected.
    34%: The line style changes to black 1 pixel.

Im learning how to use xara and today i got around 20 errors in 3 hours. I will try to reproduce some.