Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Setting question, Photo & Graphic Designer 10

hello,
    i am working with "Photo & Graphic Designer 10".
    i had create one image with the template from my colleague (image 01) and i try to export it to a eps file.
    but when i reopen this file then i saw a totally different one (image 02).
    I ask my colleague to open my eps file and he saw the good one like image 01.
    so, I think it could caused by some setting of the tool.. please help me with it.

thanks
    Sean
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	105643Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	105644

Default Re: Setting question, Photo & Graphic Designer 10

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Export your image as PDF, (PDF/X if this is an option). Or Illustrator .AI. PDF can export vector as well as bitmaps.

Nice logo design.

While I really don't know what you did, it looks like image 02 page is portrait while o1 is landscape. If you look under utilities/options you will find a page size tab, if it is not locked you can drag the bottom and right side to change the page size that way, or change the orientation in the page size tab, unless you save the new settings as a new default template it will open to what you had before.
    I just created a test eps and opened it in both XDPX and XP&GD. It worked fine, and looked just like what I created.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Nice logo design.
    Yep! Just like this one.http://www.advantech.com/
    ~Fred

When you open an EPS in Xara there is no telling how it will come in. The same file opened in Illustrator probably comes in correctly.

Mike W and I frequently have this discussion and we disagree. That said, EPS is meant primarily to be "placed" in a publishing app such as InDesign and QuarkXPress. .AI is intended to be edited in Illustrator or vector applications. PDF is the most recent incarnation of these file formats and is Illustrator's native file formal and a format that is much better supported by Xara products.

Sorry, late reply..

i did a test, i create a new file with only the page size setting and then export to the "Adobe Illustrator" (which i need..).
    the result i got is... the page setting is gone when i re-open this file.
    if i save the file to XAR format then everything fine.
    as you say that it might be ok when i open this file with illustrator.
    so, is it means i don't have any chance to check the correct illustrator eps file with xara???

thanks~

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

As Gary said try exporting as pdf
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Yang View Post
    Sorry, late reply..

i did a test, i create a new file with only the page size setting and then export to the "Adobe Illustrator" (which i need..).
    the result i got is... the page setting is gone when i re-open this file.
    if i save the file to XAR format then everything fine.
    as you say that it might be ok when i open this file with illustrator.
    so, is it means i don't have any chance to check the correct illustrator eps file with xara???

thanks~
    Always save your Xara file as a XAR file...the native format. Then export it to AI, PDF, or whatever. That is always th best work-flow and applies to all applications.

This is your logo in Xara, note the page size:

Name:	capture-002570.png 
Views:	110 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	105717

I exported it as an AI file, then opened the file in Adobe Illustrator. Note the page size is the same:

Name:	capture-002571.png 
Views:	108 
Size:	5.9 KB 
ID:	105718

Xara products do not respect the page size in an AI/EPS drawing and basically import them into your default page template. A PDF format page size is respected on opening, but you should still save your Xara's application design as a native XAR file.

Mike

ok, I got it.
    I don't have problem with pdf and xar file from very beginning, i can export it to a correct pdf and xar file.
    but, i need to export it to eps or ai file for certain case.
    and because i re-open the eps i saved, it looks totally different as i expect,, so, i come up with this question.
    now, i know the eps file i created would looks ok with Adobe Illustrator then it is ok to me.

thanks

Sean the other way to do it is to change your text to a shape (Shift+Ctrl+S) and then export it as EPS or AI. Sean can't export his file as PDF X-1a as that option is not available in PGD I think only PDF 1.7/Adobe Reader 8, but the use of PDF, it is the best way Sean if the file is going to someone with AI.
    Design is thinking made visual.