Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Deleting multiple layers

Can we possibly get the ability to delete multiple layers by selecting them and hitting delete?

I have been given files that need over a hundred layers to be deleted along with objects. If the layer contains an object, then Xara has to confirm individually that each layer will be deleted. That's a click to delete and a click to confirm. Mathematically, that's over 200 clicks. This is tedious and inefficient.

What could speed this along is having the prompt be defaulted to 'YES', so I can hit the enter button instead of defaulting to the the 'Cancel' button.
    As it stands, in order to do this efficiently, I have to Click 'Delete'/press arrow button/press Enter and do this 100. But still, this is better than moving the mouse back and forth between the two buttons.

Also, I'd like the ability to duplicate groups of layers. This would make my life a lot easier than individually duplicating/renaming them.

When will Xara be able to have layer folder and nest them properly?
    Last edited by Sheff; 06 January 2015 at 10:21 PM.
    Sheff
    My Site

Default Re: Deleting multiple layers

Sheff, I agree.
    In the meantime, lock all the layers you want to keep.
    Select all objects in all unlocked layers and delete their objects.

This saves the extra delete dialog as all unwanted layers no longer have objects.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat