Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Text To Curve

Default Text To Curve

Hello,

I want to have two lines of text on a circle with one line of text at the top with the other line of text at the bottom all on the outside of the circle.

I have been able to do the top line with no problem but how do you add a second line at the bottom?

The final circle diameter is not yet decided and so therefore I would want to be able to resize the circle without either of the text lines being disorted when changing the circle diameter.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

DiscoverIT
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Text To Curve

i dare say they may be an easier way but you can invert text and use baseline shift and tracking adjustments
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I believe you will need 2 circles to do this. One for the top and the other for the bottom. The bottom text will be inside so clear the line and fill color and in the view quality slider move it to the left so you can see the line or circle, select the test and fit to curve. You will need to cut away part of the ellipse for it to go on the bottom. It might be a bet fiddly to get the results you want. To change the size of the ellipse without altering the text remove test from line and after the ellipse size is changed reapply the text to curve, That goes for the top one as well. At least that is how I would go about doing it.
    Last edited by wizard509; 05 January 2015 at 07:35 PM.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

like larry says - you will need 2 circles - at least that is my understanding too
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    i dare say they may be an easier way but you can invert text and use baseline shift and tracking adjustments
    Cool handrawn, what a nifty tutorial, I dare say I learned something from that.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Further to Handrawn and Larry's comments here's some of my observations on Text on Circles.

Watch in HD.

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host