Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: back to the same problem ...uploads whole site after just a text change

@ Gary - As opposed to what, Egg? Publishing to a folder and using FTP to upload the site?
    Yes Gary, apart from one site I never use the Xara publish option. I assume I have the update only changed files set to off for this site (or whatever the option is called). The rest I always use FTP software (Filezilla) after File / Export Website. This doesn't appear to create any .xhl files (or robots.txt for that matter)

So it seems Xara creates different file types within website folder dependant on the export website / Publish option ?

I understand that Xara are trying to minimise the coding experience (design, compile, publish) but lack of visibility of what's under the hood leads to these questions.
    I agree with tis statement Acorn.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: back to the same problem ...uploads whole site after just a text change

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    As opposed to what, Egg? Publishing to a folder and using FTP to upload the site?
    You can't 'Publish' to a folder, only 'export'.
    No .xhl file is created when exporting.

But as this thread is about Xara's Publishing process and Mike's problems, I'm still waiting for Mike to list his complete workflow, I can't think of any other way to identify where he's going wrong.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 25 January 2015 at 08:50 PM.

Sorry Steve.... I can only get on now and again so I might seem a bit slow coming back ....... All I am doing is adding an album to one page and then go to upload ..... Xara always uploads every other album and graphic..... even tho I have checked
    the box to upload only changed files........ and the site has around 6 photo albums on and it just takes forever.
    Does this help ... also I had the same problem with X9.....got to be something I am doing .
    Thanks
    Mike
    Life's too important to be serious
    Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz / 8 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    / Dual Monitor. / Windows 7 Home premium 64bit .

Photo Albums?? In your original post you said you only had to change the email address and it uploads the whole site, your title says' 'text change'. Now you say adding a photo album.
    To get to the bottom of this Mike we need consistency from you and a good idea of your workflow so we can repeat it here..
    Are you meaning Xara slideshow/Gallery widgets or third party 'Albums'?
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 25 January 2015 at 09:25 PM.

Well Mike, I'm assuming Xara Gallery widgets here so I just tested a site with a gallery on one page, published then added a new page and new gallery. Republishing only uploaded the new files.

Steve when I mentioned the photo albums all I was saying is that it takes ages uploading them all again even after just a small text change.

Mike
    Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz / 8 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Yes, I understood Mike.
    And I'm saying that will my tests this doesn't happen.

The photo albums were done with Lightroom5.....cant see that being the problem tho.....

And how have you embedded the LR Albums?

Lightroom generates its own folder and I put it into the index_htm_files folder......then I create a placeholder for the album using a Iframe script to point to the album folder.