Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Seems to be some negativity from purchasers of this product. Is it worth buying even with the problems being presented in this forum?

I'm mostly interested in doing banner logos and such, so nothing very complicated to start off with.

Thanks.

Seems to be some negativity from purchasers of this product. Is it worth buying even with the problems being presented in this forum?

I'm mostly interested in doing banner logos and such, so nothing very complicated to start off with.

Thanks.

Hi Rich Z

Good Question ... is it worth buying? hmmmmmmmm

I would say yes. But then again No. Wow ... loaded question.

Lets see. If you can be very patient and have loads of time on your hands to figure out the quirks buy the programs..
    If you have a short temper and NO patience forget it.
    I like it, still has its quirks but I can live with it.

Good Luck

Well, short of time and patience just about sums me up lately. Spare time? What is that??

I believe this program is being billed as an intuitive and quick way to create web graphics.

A quote right from Xara's product page says this:

"Whether you're a time-pressed designer or a complete novice, you can create professional-quality graphics and photos for the web with just the click of a button."

Gasp! Is this just marketing hype?

If this is no easier or faster than just doing stuff in PhotoShop for my banners, then no, I don't need any additional headaches.

HI Rich Z

I think you may have made a wise choice. I concider myself pretty good at figuring out problem areas of this software but as I type this reply I'm experiencing a problem that I had previously and corrected it but in the last week I encountered the same problem and have made the same corrections and now I just can't get the fix ro work anymore and have mailed support once again. Oh joy ... this is one frustrating program, but you know what ... I love it, it's cool and does some really nice stuff .. I like the challenge.

I'm going back to webstyle 3.1 This one is just a big pain for me at this point.