Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Wishes For The New Year!

May each and every one of you have a peaceful, happy, healthy and prosperous 2015!
    (all Xara/vectors)
    ---Maya
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newyearscard_mayas.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	104.9 KB 
ID:	105388  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Smile Re: Wishes For The New Year!

Another design, and some refinements in details on the first.

Name:	newyear2015_mayas.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	114.9 KB 
ID:	105422   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newyearscard_mayas.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	104.9 KB 
ID:	105423  

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Default Re: Wishes For The New Year!

Nice designs, Maya.

Here's one from me.

Wishing everyone at TG, a Happy New Year.
    Hope 2015 brings you everything you hope for.

Name:	hny2015.png 
Views:	137 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	105431  

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

These are our eyeTricks 3D Stereogram Facebook covers for the week.

Linear filled type with 3D extrusions added The eye symbol is the eyeTricks 3D logo.

Happy New Year and hoping 2015 brings some excitement to the new Xara product releases.

Name:	FB Cover 1.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	105432   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB Cover II.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	105433  

Thanks for posting your designs Rik and Gary. Very nice!

@ Gary -- I wish I could see the 3D effect in your stereograms, I used to be able to, but ever since I had cataract surgery on both eyes a few years ago I no longer have any focus accommodation as the lens implants are for distance only, I use readers for close work, but even that is very limited and my eyes tire easily now giving me fuzzy vision which varies over the day. Working details on art is now rather hit or miss.
    -Mark Twain

Sorry to hear that, Maya. These are spaced for the 3D effect there is no hidden image in these.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Sorry to hear that, Maya. These are spaced for the 3D effect there is no hidden image in these.
    I like your Japanese snowmen stereogram too -- very cute even though I miss out on the floaty fx. The cataract surgery at least is way better than going blind! One thing it also did is make colors appear a lot brighter than it used to be, shades are less yellow-tinted. I never noticed that before the surgery but afterwards things were very bright and colorful and I was constantly amazed even by the leaves on the trees.
    -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Crow Haven View Post
    my eyes tire easily now giving me fuzzy vision which varies over the day. Working details on art is now rather hit or miss.
    Sorry to hear that Maya. I fully understand what you are saying. For a long time I could not read more than a sentence or two before my eyes pooped out. It has gotten better lately though. Even so I work at a very high zoom and even that is problematic. Frankly I think you do an exceptional job.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks so much, Larry. I certainly can understand tired eyes! I also find working with high zoom a pain since I'm only using a regular size laptop, so there isn't a lot of screen space to play with. I regularly miss things when I work at less magnifications and come back later wondering why I couldn't see it the first time around and have to do more corrections...and usually when its too late to edit my post with an updated image.
    -Mark Twain

I certainly understand Maya.

I'm not too happy with this but here ya go anyway. Best wishes one and all.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HAPPY NEW YEAR.png 
Views:	148 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	105438
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.