Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Christmas Gift/Help

Rik, thank you. I will have to try that approach. That pic was taken on our honeymoon in 1968 and she is still as lovely. I have these all of these slides and I was hoping to clean them up and create a video slide show for her/our anniversary. Thank goodness I am starting now, I didn't realize how many I had so this will be my major project for the next several months (I have time!).

Bob

This is the best I can do Bob. Total cheat!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BobMoyer.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	105390  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks, Egg. You Xara users are real magicians and extremely helpful. I only hope some of your magic will rub off on me.

Bob

Smile Re: Christmas Gift/Help

Here's my try with your photo, Bob. This was with an older PS Elements (7 I think). Lots of layer adjustments, some sharpening, some coloring layers where I painted new tints over the photo, some burning and sharpening, some cloned parts of water for a bit more texture, some blurring to get rid of pixilation in the photo and from sharpening layer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scan%20example_mayas.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	159.6 KB 
ID:	105434  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Crow Haven, how is this possible....this picture keeps getting better and better! I am afraid that your offering is waaaaay past my abilities. But thank you very much for showing me what is possible. I have been scanning since Christmas day and have gone through hundreds so far and most of them need some correction. Next month, I will be 70 years old and I don't think I have enough time left to accomplish what you have done for all of these slides (about 1500 total), but it gives me something to strive towards. Thanks.

Bob

Just in case you are curious as to what I've done -- you may be able to do something similar with the Xara photo tools also -- here are the zipped files for the PS files I made while working on your photo. I'll have to post each of the 4 zip folders separately because of size. You can open them in PS Elements and maybe get some ideas. Anyway they are yours!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Next one...
    -Mark Twain

Third ...
    -Mark Twain

Last one. May you and your lovely wife have a wonderful 2015!
    -Mark Twain

I truly appreciate your work and help. I've downloaded the files and will check them out. Thanks again.

Bob