Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: I'd like to commission someone for creating a vector file for me. How ?

OK, sorry for being unclear. English is not my language so bear with me.

What I want is someone to continue my work, while keeping the same style for the rest. I have removed the elements I wasn't satisfied with. Some more lines/circles/arcs have to be added around the circles or fragments of text.
    Is that doable ? Does anyone want to step up for the job ? Thank you

Also, there needs to be some type of connection between the various areas by means of lines/circles/arcs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	panel-bartop2.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	105331  

Default Re: I'd like to commission someone for creating a vector file for me. How ?

Honestly you should explain what the diagram is supposed to depict. What does each button mean - what are they supposed to do? What are the decorations supposed to represent? Its hard to come up with the best artistic solution, when we have no idea what the graphic is supposed to mean.

In any job, it's next to impossible to create something that is clear inside someone else's head, but they can't articulate it.

What is sure is that what is inside someone else's head is almost certainly not inside my head and that vision they have is not going to be obvious to any other person.

It might be better to draw designs with a pencil, for someone else to create as vectors.
    Last edited by pauland; 22 December 2014 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Honestly you should explain what the diagram is supposed to depict. What does each button mean - what are they supposed to do? What are the decorations supposed to represent? Its hard to come up with the best artistic solution, when we have no idea what the graphic is supposed to mean.
    It's a game console controller panel of some type.
    There's a 'speedsterharry' selling something rather similar on ebay.
    http://www.ebay.ph/itm/201232044079

Also a member of these forums where people mod / build game controllers.
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/search?S...speedsterharry

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    In any job, it's next to impossible to create something that is clear inside someone else's head, but they can't articulate it.

What is sure is that what is inside someone else's head is almost certainly not inside my head and that vision they have is not going to be obvious to any other person.

It might be better to draw designs with a pencil, for someone else to create as vectors.
    I would echo Paul's comments.
    Particularly the last part.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Are we done here?

I'm sorry if my lack of clear directions irritate some people here, this is not why I posted here

I have no "vision" in my mind. If I had, I'd probably finished all by myself.

The meaning of the lines/circles/etc is irrelevant and so is the purpose of the buttons represented by circles (yes this is for a game controller panel). I just want some abstract artwork that will somehow connect together several elements of the drawing, the lines are just here for the sake of it. Plus, the original drawing shows in what direction I want to go. Just be creative for the rest, the rules are not set in stone.

PS: If I had a raster image to convert to vectors, I could do it either by hand or with Vector Magic or Inkscape's tracer ! I wouldn't have asked someone for this !

Quote Originally Posted by speedsterharry View Post
    I'm sorry if my lack of clear directions irritate some people here
    I don't think it irritates.

For example, your original version that you were not happy with, looked fine to my eye. I couldn't improve on what you did because I don't understand what the extra thing is that you are looking for. I wouldn't be the right person for this because the design looks pretty arbitrary to me, so I don't follow the vibe.

My suggestion about the pencil was not so that you can digitise the drawing, but that someone could look at that and understand what you need (above and beyond what you have supplied).

Anyway, good luck.

OK, I'm resurrecting this thread since I have obtained something I'm pleased with. I contacted some photoshop guy whose (?) work I like, got a hidef PSD that I converted to vector with Potrace.
    Very satisfied with the result. If I was creative enough to do some more shapes like these, I would start right away and add some more (but I can't so things will stay like this).
    Thank you guys anyway for trying to help me out.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	panel-bartop3.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	105898

Thanks for the update Harry. Glad you got it sorted.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host