Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I'd like to commission someone for creating a vector file for me. How ?

Hi,

Title says it all. I want to have some vector artworks done for me, preferably with Xara (I have ver 9). Since this is for a hobby, I don't want to spend a lot on it (=not the hourly rate) but I know the value of work, so I don't expect it done for free or nearly free.

The work needs to be rather crative with lines and curves, I don't want some bloated bitmap to be included in the file.
    I can give some more details by PM if you're interested.

If I posted in the wrong section or my message is inappropriate, can someone redirect me or how I can get in touch with an artist for the job ? Thank you.

Default Re: I'd like to commission someone for creating a vector file for me. How ?

You are not entitled to PMs at this point. You need a minimum amount of posts before you get this privilege. Maybe you can post your e-mail. Do it like this username at domain name dot com.

This will hide the address from spambots.

It might also be helpful if you can post a few examples of something similar to what you are requesting. Can you do this.

Default Re: I'd like to commission someone for creating a vector file for me. How ?

OK, what I need is to have the following file below "enhanced" with more or less the same style It has now.
    The style to be "copied" is used around the yellow and red circles. I tried to replicate it for the three circles at the bottom but I'm not 100% satisfied with the result.
    Some more lines/curves have to be added around the white circles at the top, ideally connecting them all together.

There's also another file to create (from scratch), in a different style but I'll describe what I want with the person willing to undertake the task.

Send me an email at speedsterhatyahoodotcom in case you want to work for me
    Thank you

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	panel-bartop.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	105318
    Last edited by Rik; 20 December 2014 at 08:57 AM. Reason: e-mail address changed to remove the link

Hi speedsterharry.

Maybe you just lack a bit of confidence. I say that with all due respect.

What you're showing in your post, is not difficult. It's just time consuming.

Have a go at it yourself.
    Then, when there's a part that you're not sure how to do, then ask a question on this forum.
    There are plenty of members who will help you.

If you like, I can replicate the middle bottom part and show you how that can be done.

Also, there's nothing wrong in asking for someone to do this for you as well.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

I have to say that they all looked pretty much the same to me!

"enhanced" with more or less the same style It has now.

That would have to be my nightmare client instruction!

If you hadn't said anything I'd say that it was all done by the same person and it was a completed design (for whatever it is).

I'm not sure what you expect a third-party to do that you haven't already done.

If I understand correctly, you want to replicate this style to those 3 pictures on the bottom.

Name:	guidelines.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	105319

It is actually pretty easy and all you need is some extra lines to act as guides that will help to visualize the final shape.

I didn't say I wasn't able to do what I'm asking, I know it's just a matter of time. However, even if there's no flashy technique involved, it doesn't mean it's easy to build something aesthetically pleasing. I just don't want to do it myself. As time is money, I'd just like someone else to do the task for me, simple.

When I say "replicate", it's not meant to be taken litterally. The artist will need to be inspired by the parts of the drawing I like and create some other parts that share the spirit of the original parts without being identical to those.

So, you are after something like this or am I completely on the wrong track?

Name:	ModTrace.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	105322

I think, we're all guessing what's actually required.

There are hundreds and hundreds of us here, who can redraw what's been posted.

But, like Paul says in an earlier post. What is actually required?
    Well, I for one, don't know!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	commission.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	105323  

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Ditto. What does it all mean?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host