Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Only Rectangles Are Invisible? How Is That Possible?

Been fighting with a rectangle that won't display on preview nor in a browser. Found out that only the rectangle/square shape won't show. Circle or star shapes will show OK. See attached. First one is within DP11, second shot is the preview. Note only the rectangle doesn't show. Didn't do anything to it, just clicked on Rectangle Tool and drew a rectangle (these were placed only as an example). Same with the other shapes, which do display OK. Tried different layers also. Closed program and retried, same result. No transparency, flat fill. Any suggestions on how to remove this "Attribute"?

Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blplating3.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	110659   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blplating3a.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	110.9 KB 
ID:	110660  

Default Re: Only Rectangles Are Invisible? How Is That Possible?

Hi jimhanus,

Can you upload either your .xar file or an example file which shows the error, that will make it a lot easier for us to find out exactly what's going on.

Ben,
    Sorry, can't. I needed to continue so I took an existing rectangle from the page and copied/resized, etc. and used that in place of the non-visible one. The attributes from the copied rectangle then became current so now the rectangle tool is working.
    Thanks anyway,

Jim

Invisible objects occur when they are placed on a Layer that is a pop-up. They stay hidden until the pop-up event is triggered.
    Also, though probably not in this case, objects placed on a Guide Layer are not published, they are just to lock position of other objects.

You may still have the offending box in a backup.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn,
    I did have a backup, see attached. I deleted all the extra pages. It started with the dark gray rectangle at the bottom of the page, which is visible in design mode, but disappears in preview mode. It had been properly visible in previous versions of the site. Something happened to change it.

Jim
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Jim, I think you've found a bug there. If you select the rectangle that isn't visible and view it's line properties you'll notice that it has a dotted line with zero line width. Change this a normal line with zero width and it suddenly becomes visible.

I'd report this to support

I've looked at it further and there's another added anomaly. See attached xar.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg,
    Thanks for the help. I would appreciate it if you could submit it, as I don't fully understand what is actually happening, although I am glad that you've figured it out.

Jim

Will do Jim
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg found it before me but the problem is a Xara bug that was reported earlier when a width is None has a Line Pattern other than default.
    Set the line width explicitly to 0px or pick the default Line Pattern.

Can't help with the double Line Pattern selection as I've just double-clicked something and the Lines gallery has vanished - ah well!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi guys,

Thanks for letting us know, I have logged this as DDES-10811