Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Screen flashes white between pages -web designer 10 pro

Hi Acorn,

Thanks, just tried Ctrl-F5. The flashing does not come back ,I just get one (very short) white flash when I hit Ctrl-F5, but
    no flashing between the pages after that.
    I don't understand why it should make a difference when opening the site from a link and typing the address
    straight into explorer ?
    Opening site from this link ' www.bits4landys.co.uk ' = no flashing between pages
    Opening site by type the address into the explorer address bar = flashing.

Also same thing happens on my Surface tablet (windows 8 RT)
    I have a 10 mbs connection speed.
    Chris.

F5 or Ctrl F5 forces the screen to refresh. Most browsers cache the contents of sites you visit so the next time you visit, downloading the page will be faster. This can sometimes cause recently updated pages not to display or behave correctly. There is nothing you can do about this. But using F5 (page refresh) or Ctrl F5 (refresh the page from the server) makes the page display correctly.

As Gary pointed out earlier McAfee Site Advisor warns about security problems with your site:

Great, had that before with McAfee.....
    No problem with the site, it's safe, being around for 5 years selling land rover parts , just Google 'bits4landys'
    I'd suggest that this is more of a priority than the odd white flash you're experiencing. You're not in a position to reassure potential visitors who get this message that there isn't a problem. If they use McAfee they'll just avoid your site, thus turning away potential visitors.

McAfee seems to be suggesting that there are links to spam url's on your site. Perhaps a 3rd party plugin is adding these links? I don't know and I'm unwilling to visit your site to investigate further.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lr.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	105233   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lr2.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	105234  

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Ok, Thanks, Point taken, will sort the McAfee problem first, the only offsite links are for romancart - used by 50000 other websites.

Yes, I noticed that too. I don't think you'll get much change out of McAfee, your probably better off contacting RomanCart and see if they have any advise on this issue. I've expereinced a similar thing with an ex client when they moved over to a new web designer who introduced a new shopping cart. McAfee has always given the same warning as your site since & the new designer has never sorted it in over three years. He's not using RomanCart but another cart system. I suspect McAfee has issues with both.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Returning to your original problem I can't see any white fashes in either FF or IE. However I do notice that your pages all seem to be of different widths (not the content, just the page width) To check this notice the horizontal scroll bar as you progress between pages. Some have none and others have them at varying widths. So it could possibly be that instead of loading a single background image for every page from cache once the first one has been downloaded it's downloading different background images for each page and on a slow connection this would cause the page to load a default white background first prior to the darker bitmap of each page being loaded. Of course on the other hand this could just be a pile of crap
    Egg

Thanks,

Yes, it's very good point about the page widths, will fix that next !

Any idea why the website performs differently depending on how you open it ?
    ie. using the link on this forum = no flashing at all , typing the address into the address bar = flashing between pages

Sorry, I don't see the flash either way.
    Egg

That's odd I'm still getting different results depending how I open it.

I trying to sort the different width page problem, all the pages are 1200 wide, but the background / pasteboard appears
    to be different widths when you look at it in IE 11
    I can not see a setting for the background / pasteboard width - lots about changing
    the colour, but not size ? - something to do with 'Page background > shadow Group > Rectangle ?

Chris.

Hi All,

Just a quick update on my flashing white between pages problem.

It's looking like it could be a hosting problem.
    The hosting company said they could see the problem, but so far they
    have only managed to break the whole site !

I know some of you could not see the problem, so a have put a short video in my web space -

http://www.bits4landys.co.uk/video/websiteproblem.MOV (79mb)

It shows two IE11 windows open, both showing my site,
    the RHS one was open from the link in post 3 of this thread &
    the LHS one was opened by typing the address into the address bar.

The website performs differently depending on how you open it ?
    Using the link on this forum = no flashing at all , typing the address into the address bar = flashing between pages

Chris...