Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Changing mouse-over colour in Navigation Bar

Hello, I wonder if anyone can help with a minor issue.

I am trying to change the mouse-over colour for the Navigation Bar bounding box in a Xara-supplied theme but when I try to edit the NavBar the dialogue box only has a link to the "Pop-up menu style" and not "Menu style", so I can change the drop-down colours but not the main colours. Is this possible?

Many thanks for any help.

Default Re: Changing mouse-over colour in Navigation Bar

In the Page & Layer Gallery, click the S icon next to the MouseOver layer to isolate just this layer.

Make whatever changes to wish to the Home (or first button). These changes will be applied to the other buttons.

When you are finished, click the S icon again to get out of isolated mode.

Thanks Gary,

This has worked but the previous button clicked stays highlighted until the next button is clicked.

In the WD10 manual, the NavBar page shows a "Menu style" option, but in my version this is not available and all I have is "Pop-up menu style" (as per attached screen-shots).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NavBar2.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	105225   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NavBar1.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	147.2 KB 
ID:	105226  

Same button, different wording. This function only effects the appearance of the sub-menus.

The default behavior for the main menu is the mouse over button is used to also indicate the current page (when the site is previewed or published).

You can add a new layer, MouseDown (add this over the MouseOff and MouseOver layers). And create a third button state. This state will appear then the visitor clicks any of the buttons. But it also becomes the current page button and does not repeat the MouseOver button to show the current page.

Does this make sense?

Thanks, Gary,

I've managed more-or-less the effect I wanted [ www.greenstickenergy.com ] and will now quite while I'm ahead but thanks again!

The site looks great! The drop down menus look great too.