Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Exclamation Button activated in Navigation Bar. How?

If I copy the navigation bar from one theme (for example "viewfinder") to one empty page, I see that the HOME button is with the same colors than if I do mouseover. If I create other page, the navbar copies to that new page and the second button PRODUCTS activates, and HOME is as mouseoff. I don't know if you understand me. With this option the navigation bar illuminates depending on witch page I am.

But if I create a new button and convert it to navbar (creating a complete navigarion bar) I can only do "standard" mouseover. I can't place an illuminated button depending on witch page I am.

How can I do that?

Thanks and sorry about my bad english.

THIS:
    http://oi58.tinypic.com/ors7lf.jpg

The mouse is NOT on "gallery".

Default Re: Button activated in Navigation Bar. How?

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Create two buttons with MouseOff and MouseOver states. The mouse over state has to be different from the mouse off state. Xara will use the MouseOver state button to indicate the current page.

Select both buttons then select the Navigation Bar Tool. Use the settings shown below.

If you only create one button (withi MouseOff and MouseOver states) then Xara creates a single button menu with a drop down sub-menu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nav Bar.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	105205   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BUTTONS.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	105206  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics

Create two buttons with MouseOff and MouseOver states. The mouse over state has to be different from the mouse off state. Xara will use the MouseOver state button to indicate the current page.

Select both buttons then select the Navigation Bar Tool. Use the settings shown below.

If you only create one button (withi MouseOff and MouseOver states) then Xara creates a single button menu with a drop down sub-menu.
    Thanks a lot!!

I was creating NavBars only creating one button, not creating two and selecting both to make the NavBar.

In the past, you could create a nav bar with only one button. But now that Xara has Variants, it makes more sense to have a one button option. I hope in the future this will be more intuitive. Even an old user that I am, I was confused when this changed.