Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Menus on popup layer

Is it not possible to place a menu from the design gallery onto a popup layer. I tried to do it but it doesn't seem to function. Anyone know a solution?

Ken

Default Re: Menus on popup layer

Do you mean a NavBar on a layer?
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

You can, but you need to create a new mouseover layer and name it something link, MouseOver-1 and remove the soft group and put your mouse over buttons on the new layer then apply new soft groups.

You can also build custom menus this way. There is an example of this here http://www.gwpriester.com/menu-test/

Yes Acorn just that. Menu on page opens a relevant layer and on layer another menu that opens pdf.The layer would have a menu for say twelve months and two sub headings for each month. It is an archive system I am trying to have access to say 4 or five years of records on one page without having four or five separate pages one for each year. www.muchcowarnegroupppc.org.uk

I want to put what is in each years page into a popup on a single page accessed from a year menu.

If that makes sense.

Ken

I use the same approach as Gary.
    It get's a bit more complicated if a MouseDown layer is included.

I found this more complex than I care for so I use CSS3 cascading menus in preference.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Guys (as usual) I will persevere. It's always the niggly little things that get you. I wanted to use the set menu bars so that when the year is up on the diary page I just copy the menu to a layer in the archive with all the links to the pdf's in place rather than setting it all up again. Just looking for a lazy solution I guess

Regards

Ken