Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Imported photos are dull and dark

Does anyone know how to keep the photos you import into WD10 from losing the original quality? Every time I import a photo the color is dulled and it becomes darker than the original. I'm doing a website for a photographer, so this is kind of important.

Default Re: Imported photos are dull and dark

Perhaps you could supply a screengrab of the original photo alongside one imported into WD10 rkindy. This shouldn't be happening.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

what file format are they in, and what is the colour depth, and are they RGB?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

They are all JPEG files, 8-bit RGB. I've never had this problem with photos or images before, very irritating. Is there any setting in the program that allows WD10 to compress or shrink the file size?

I'll have to do that when I am back at my computer.....I've never had it happen before, just on this particular job.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pov.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	105113

Here's the screenshot of the original and the imported photo (on left).

See what you mean. This isn't a Xara issue afaik. Can you post the original (or part thereof if you've copyright issues) and let's see if we can reproduce the crap reproduction you're experiencing?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

looks to me like the red part of the hue spectrum is depleted - no idea why - does it do this if you import it into another program? - is it directly saved off camera, or has it been processed afterwards eg in photoshop?

edit - Egg I can get pretty close using the red channel in levels....
    Nothing lasts forever...

one thing more - you are referencing it in windows photo viewer, and that is not the best of programs in itself, I'd rather see it in photoshop, or ideally part of the original as Egg suggested
    Nothing lasts forever...

Shouldn't be an issue to.post the file...it's gonna be on the web. I would rather see the file as received from the photographer. That way there has been no adulteration in the process. In fact, it would be best to ZIP the image so the forum doesn't muck with it.

Looks like an RGB v. CMYK thing...more or less.

Mike