Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Background is selected by default...

Hi - I have no idea what I've done or how to look up a fix for it.

Somehow, even when I open a new file, the background (the white area that shows the size of the design) is selected by default. So, if I have 6 elements and I want to distribute them equi-spaced, it puts the first one at the top of the background, the last one at the very bottom and stretches everything else out equal spaced.

It's never done this before and I've not changed my default template.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Kathleen

Default Re: Background is selected by default...

Hi Kathleen. Sounds to me like you need to reset your Xara templates. Other than this, post your problem xar here
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg - thanks for the response. I tried that, but whatever is messed up is already in the template. So, when I create a new file and make it a template, it just does the same thing. Somehow I think I have to change the template, but don't know what to change. I've attached a .Xar with the problem. You'll notice that if you move the three lines close together vertically, then align equi-spaced vertically, the lines end up at the top and bottom of the background with the third one in the middle.

Does that help?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Kathleen

Hi Kathleen,

Yes, at some time you've imported a pdf file & this has corrupted your template. Not 100% sure which template your using but assuming its an A4 Portrait Template, replace it with the attached.

Just open up the attached xar file and go File / Save Template /

This should solve your problems.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks, Egg - that did work! Do you know what type of a PDF I imported that would corrupt the template? If not, at least if it happens again, I know how to fix it. Appreciate the help.
    Kathleen

Glad to hear that Kathleen. No idea how it became corrupted, the only way is if you go File / Save template. Anyway it's sorted now
    Egg