Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to recover AutoCAD DWG file ?

Tried to recover bak file, but there is no bak file in temporary files. AutoCAD didn’t recover the file itself. The version is 2014. There migt be some error occurred in saving process. Don’t know any solutions. Please help me to repair this file.

Default Re: How to recover AutoCAD DWG file ?

Welcome Donald. I'm confused. Is it a Xara file your hoping to find a back-up of or an AutoCad file?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

In the setting of AutoCAD options (options) in the File tab (the leftmost tab) there is a path autosave. There AutoCAD saves temporary files, usually with the extension ac $ (in the tab opening and saving) .You must look for it. Generally, if there are files, they can be found by date, and they can be seen the empty volume or not. To open them you need to simply rename, appending the extension DWG. the same can be done with the files with the extension bak. And yet there is a command in AutoCAD recover it allows you to open corrupted files. As last resort use
    Recovery Toolbox for DWG : http://www.dwg.recoverytoolbox.com/

Wow Cheryl! Welcome and what a great response. I kow nothing about AutoCAD but you're input is very welcome.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

could be

or could be spam [I'm a cynic - but you know that] - program is not free - and autocad resolved in our off topic that quick.. how likely is it really?

but I'd love to be proved wrong...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...