Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Simple line problem

I'm guessing there's a simple answer but I haven't found it yet so... The problem I'm having is that the endpoint handle of a line isn't actually at the end of the line, it's offset by half a line width. If I set up guides and snap the end of two lines to the intersection, the result is not a smooth transition but a step. I can tweak the points but changing the linewidth requires more tweaking. Any suggestions on the best way to deal with this? Also, is there any way to get the end of line handle to correspond to the point of the arrow when using arrow line ends? Thanks in advance for your help!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LineEnds.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	104900

Default Re: Simple line problem

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Use the Round or Bevel Join option. But unless you are blowing this up to about 2000% you are not going to notice this step. (I just had to try it out to see if it really exists--it does, but I was zoomed in at 2000%.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beveled.png 
Views:	152 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	104901  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics

Use the Round or Bevel Join option. But unless you are blowing this up to about 2000% you are not going to notice this step. (I just had to try it out to see if it really exists--it does, but I was zoomed in at 2000%.
    Bevel or rounded join/ cap does the trick. This only became an issue when scaling the lines up for a bead blasting mask (otherwise it was just annoying). Thanks for your quick and helpful answer!

We do our best.