Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Upgrade price Pro X10 won't show up in basket

I don't know where to post this issue, but I want to upgrade from Pro 7 to Pro X10 and it say it cost me 139,- but when I add it to basket and go to checkout I have to pay the full price 299,-

I have register all my products and it shows in the list, pro 4 to 7 plus bought upgrade to Designer 10 (did not know it was 32bit) and use the right email address etc. and it still show the full price, how do I contact them?

Default Re: Upgrade price Pro X10 won't show up in basket

Welcome Steely. Indeed xara.com does seem determined to make it difficult to upgrade. I just tested their site and they seem to be making a complete dogs dinner of the upgrade path. For example on http://www.xara.com/uk/designer-pro/upgrade/ if I select Upgrade from: Designer Pro / Xtreme Pro older versions it displays a list of older versions on what I suppose is a pop-up menu but one that can't be selected. If I just go ahead and press the Buy-now button it ask's me to select a product, which I can't. Hardly intuitive!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	upgrade.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	104786  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I'll see if I can get someone from Xara to get back to you on this. Check back. It might take a little time.

Thanks all, I just upgraded from XP10 for 199,- and that worked, it charged me 70,- more but can't w8 any longer because need 64bit version to work with now and did not like to w8 4 days to hear something from a support ticked.

Thanks all, I just upgraded from XP10 for 199,- and that worked, it charged me 70
    Upgrade TO XP10 surely? For 199? But you say you were only charged 70. So you didn't upgrade for 199 BUT 70?

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

This is the upgrade page http://www.xara.com/designer-pro/upgrade/ - you just select which product you are upgrading from at the top (Designer Pro older version), and which product you are upgrading to at the bottom (Designer Pro 10) and click Buy Now. But I think you have understood that because if you owned Pro 7 and you are outside the EU the price is indeed $139. If you then sign in and the price changes it means it's not finding a copy of Pro 7 registered at that email address for some reason. You can contact sales at www.xara.com/contact and they will sort out the account - and if you have already purchased at the wrong price they can organise a refund.
    Kate Moir
    [url]http://www.xara.com[/url]

Hi Kate,

Well it may be clear to you but it's sure not that clear to me. On a page titled UPGRADING TO DESIGNER PRO X10 I select the radio button I want to upgrade FROM and it gives me the price so I click the BUY NOW button.

It now gives an alert window saying "please select a product". I just did! No, what this cack handed page wants me to do is click another radio button selecting the product I've already selected to upgrade to. I thought the title of the page "UPGRADING TO DESIGNER PRO X10" already gave a big clue
    Egg

ah yes, you're right. That dates from the days when there could be multiple choices at the bottom as well as multiple choices at the top. That's no longer the case, so we've changed it so that the Designer Pro X10 at the bottom is automatically selected.
    Kate Moir
    [url]http://www.xara.com[/url]

Cheers Kate, that makes a lot more sense and works far better.
    Egg