Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Using the Join and Breakapart method as Sean mentioned above, you could can create what looks like one object with two fill textures, two colors, and two transparencies (the first "shape" on the left).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test3.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	15361  

John
    To critise XaraX re these problems is a bit harsh.
    The problem really lays with the diffence between various vector programs. Xara obviously at some time in the past decided not to impliment Fills for open paths (I'm not sure, but I believe Artworks, Xara's forerunner used to have this feature).
    I love your tip re using the home or end button.
    One point that I would make re "join shapes" / "break shapes" method is that Xara still see's the shape as a line, even tho it's filled and secondly Xara still completes the line when you zoom in, which can lead to confusion.
    I also indicate another method of finding the start point in the attachment below.
    Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!!!!!hidden_nodes2.gif 
Views:	270 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	2991  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Good stuff. Thanks.

Unfortunately, my writing abilities screwed up the intent of my previous posting and what I was trying to convey. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I was not intending to criticize Xara but rather the quality of some clip art .... (ie., Corel's clipart ... even when used in Corel, the node issue can be a real pain).

great tips this week Egg! I can't believe I never noticed the "ninth square" before and the arrow trick is very clever. Bitmap resolution was another.

Thanks,

Mickie

...for my bum steer. I just TABbed round the shape using the Shape Editor and expected to see a tab that resulted in no movement (one node on top of the other). Unfortunately, at this scale the Bezier handles changed and gave the impression of movement when there wasn't any. Silly me :-(

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

I'm so glad this was brought up and solved!! I can't count the number of times I have been totally frustrated trying to find the end point of an complex open path.

Thanks guys
    Judi